ROTARY WING PILOT
Organization: Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry
Division: Aviation, Forest Fire and Emergency Services
City: Garson, Timmins
Job Term: 1 Temporary seasonal recurring assignment/contract for up to 42 weeks
Job Code: 17267g - Pilot 4 (G6 Salary Note)
Salary: $1,403.25 - $1,706.85 Per Week*
*Indicates the salary listed as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement.
Posting Status: Open
Job ID: 129636
Are you a self-motivated, organized, and people oriented helicopter pilot looking for a diverse and rewarding career opportunity in an environment that encourages continuous learning and career growth? If so, then consider this exciting opportunity with the Ministry of Natural Resources.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• act as Pilot-in-Command on AS 350 B2 and/or EC 130 B4 single-engine rotary winged aircrafts
• ensure the safe and efficient operation of the aircraft during all phases of flight
• be required to travel away from base, sometimes for extended periods
• be required to work overtime and to work in adverse conditions
How do I qualify?
• You have a valid commercial rotary wing pilot licence.
• You have a valid restricted radio telephone operator's certificate.
• You have the ability to pass Canadian and U.S. Transport Agency Security Screening.
• You are in possession of a valid passport or have the ability to acquire.
• You have a minimum 2000 hours experience as pilot-in-command on single-engine rotary winged aircraft.
• You must have the ability to travel out of province.
Technical knowledge and skills:
• You have knowledge of the Canadian Air Regulations (CAR's).
• You are proficient in flying AS 350 B2, and/or EC 130 B4, and other single-engine helicopters.
• You are able to become proficient in executive transport, fish planting, vertical reference long line and external load operations, and animal capture.
• You have knowledge of weather, fire behaviour, suppression strategies and methods.
• You have an understanding of work responsibilities as outlined in the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
• You have sound judgment and decisiveness in emergency situations.
• You have well developed communication, public relations and report writing skills.
Address: 1 Temporary - Seasonal, duration up to 42 weeks, 6150 Skyline Dr, Garson, North Region or 500 Hangar Rd, Timmins, North Region
Compensation Group: Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Wednesday, November 7, 2018
How to apply:
1.You must apply online at www.ontario.ca/careers.
2.Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
3.Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
4.Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
5.OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
6.If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.