The Pilot is responsible for safely operating Pacific Sky, Viking Air and Customer aircraft. This role requires the candidate to meet the standards of Pacific Sky and to ensure that the needs of the client are fully met while complying with all regulatory requirements.
The successful candidate will be focused on delivering new Twin Otters from Viking’s facility in Victoria, BC to customers around the world as well as operating our fleet of Amphibious Turbo Beaver and Twin Otter aircraft on the B.C. coast. Relocation costs up to $5,000 CAD can be provided.
Minimum 3000 flying hours
1000 hours Float/Seaplane experience
International and/or Aircraft Ferry experience an asset
DHC6 - Twin Otter experience an asset
Glass cockpit flying experience an asset
500 hours Pilot In Command time
General Computer and MS Office Skills
Specific Accountabilities include:
• All flight related duties, including acting as Pilot In Command and First Officer.
• Any other flight related duties assigned.
• Execution of the day-to-day flight operations in a way that meets the expectations of internal and external customers. Understands the client mission requirements and works to provide creative solutions and options to meet the mission.
• Performs the flight operations activities so that Pacific Sky and Viking fully meet all safety and regulatory requirements.
• Conduct risk analysis for flight operations and engage PSAI and Viking staff in SMS reviews. Focus on continuous improvement.
• Support accident / incident / hazard investigations as required.
• Provide a world class in flight service which meets Pacific Sky’s in flight service standards
• Perform other service related duties for Pacific Sky’s customers on an as needed basis.
• Ensure the aircraft and operating environment are kept in a state of readiness which meets Pacific Sky standards.
• Complete all required documentation in a timely manner, including flight logs, tracking sheets, SMS reports and any financial reports.
• Other duties as assigned as assigned by the Chief Pilot or Operations Manager
• Support and implement the Pacific Sky and Viking Air strategic and business objectives.
Contribute positively to the culture, growth and strategic direction of the companies.
Establish and maintain metrics for measurement of flight operations activities.