Job Category: Safety Sensitive
Position Type: Casual
Department: Operations Control Centre (OCC)
Location: Calgary (YYC)
Direct Report: Manager, OCC
Posting Expires: January 25, 2019 0900 MST
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity and possess the required qualifications, please send copy of your cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com. Please List “YYC Casual Flight Follower” in the subject line.
We appreciate all interested applications; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are looking for motivated individuals to take on the role of Flight Follower at our Calgary Base. The Flight Follower manages the day-to-day coordination of flights for the company aircraft; this position is responsible for communicating operational information to Flight Crew as well as various ground service personnel. The Flight Follower must be familiar with navigation facilities, airline routes as well as the characteristics of all aircraft operated by the airline.
If you’re wondering whether this is the right position or if we’re the right company for you, the honest answer is that North Cariboo Air is what you make of it. The opportunities are here, just waiting for you to seize them.
The Flight Follower works in a collaborative environment and reports directly to the Manager, OCC. Additional roles and responsilities include;
Role and Responsibilities
• Maintain active flight watch of company aircraft
• Communicate operational information to flight crew, company personnel, contract dispatch office and clients
• Accurately log daily flight activity
• Responsibility to initiate emergency response procedures from the company emergency response plan, as required
• Complete customs and immigration paperwork for US bound flights, as required
• Strategically arrange all aspects of aircraft utilization which include, but is not limited to, FBO notification requirements, fuel arrangements, etc.
• Actively supports the company Safety Management System by participating in the program and acting appropriately for their role as defined within the SMS Manual
• All other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
• High School Diploma
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience within a Flight Operations department
• Ability to hold a Transport Canada Restricted Area Identification Card
• Proficient knowledge of Canadian Aviation Regulations
• Excellent ability to multi-task and communicate professionally with all functional divisions within the company.
• Strong ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Computer experience and proficiency required
• Experience in aviation an asset
• Must have flexibility and be available for shifts, including early mornings, evenings, nights & weekends. Availability for shift coverage required (short notice).
Desired Attributes & Assets
The ideal candidate will excel at effectively communicating and multi-tasking in a high stress, fast paced environment. The individual may be required to make many rapid decisions that affect operational effectiveness. A Flight Follower will practice professional etiquette in every avenue of communication.
Why North Cariboo Air?
At North Cariboo Air we work tirelessly to be the preferred charter airline in Western Canada. We have a number of bases located throughout Alberta & BC; Calgary, Edmonton, Kirby Lake, Vancouver, Prince George and Fort St. John. Our variety in aircraft fleet & bases allow us to have the flexibility to meet the unique needs of our clients. Our tagline is Going Beyond. But that philosophy is not just for customers. It’s also a big part of how we treat our employees. We pride ourselves on promoting diversity in the workplace as well as a healthy work/life balance; we work hard, but we play hard as well! Our diverse team includes Flight & Cabin Crew, Maintenance, Customer Service, Ground Ops & Support Staff, to name a few.
Typical benefits include:
• Life Insurance
• Dependent Life Insurance
• Accidental Death and Dismemberment
• Short Term & Long Term Disability
• Extended Health & Dental Care
• Health & Wellness Benefits
• Low Time Pilot Program
• AME Apprentice Opportunities
• Free On-Site Parking