• Liaising with Operations Manager, Chief Pilot, Operations Administrators, CSA’s and dispatch to gather information about the route, weather, passenger loads and aircraft
• Operate flights as Pilot in Command; working out a flight plan, including the route, flying altitude, weather and NOTAMS in accordance with Pacific Seaplanes Operations Manuals and applicable Civil Air Regulations and Standards.
• Managing weight and balance of aircraft for each flight
• Carry out the loading and fuelling of aircraft
• Carrying out pre-flight checks on aircraft
• Communicating with air traffic control/dispatch through all phases of flight
• Liaising with CSA’s, Operations, and dispatch in flight coordination
• Assisting in the office, or on the dock (washing, fuelling and loading aircraft)
• Liaising with Maintenance and Records Dept regarding aircraft maintenance, record keeping and logbooks and making required entries and reports
• Making regular checks on the aircraft's technical performance, position, weather conditions and air traffic during flight
• Communicating with passengers regarding safety procedures, and adhering to our COM, practices and procedures fully
• Complete required exams, reading Memo’s and reference library
• Maintaining safety standards in compliance with Pacific Seaplanes Safety System including safety occurrence reporting
* Read and comply with all terms of employment, employee manual requirements and other associated directives
• Safety First – An individual and team oriented commitment to safety
Single Engine Float Pilots: 500 Hours Total Time, 150 Hours PIC Floats
Multi Engine Float Pilots: 1000 hours PIC , 250 ME PIC, 500 hours PIC SE seaplane plus 100 ME SEA
• Transport Canada Commercial Pilot’s License minimum
• Current Class 1 Medical
• Exceptional customer service orientation - the willingness to take service to a higher level
• Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work in a fast paced team environment.
* Must be Resident of Canada, Canadian Citizen or have Landed status and must be fluent in English Language.
• Preference will be given to pilots specific aircraft and coastal experience, DHC6/Float prior experience, or flight times close to our minimums.
Pacific Seaplanes offers competitive pay rates based on experience. Please enquire.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and a resume showing how your skills and experience specifically relate to the job qualifications. Only Emails accepted. No Calls.
Please submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject: “Single & ME SEA Pilots”
APPLICATION DEADLINE: No end date till company has filled all available positions.
As only short listed candidates will be contacted, we thank you in advance for your interest in Pacific Seaplanes.