POSITION: CHIEF PILOT
Posted January 09, 2019
Do you think Canadian airlines can do better? So do we. Come help us revolutionize the entire industry at Jetlines. We are the country’s first, true, ultra-low-cost carrier.
Here, your job will make an impact. You will help millions of Canadians obtain access to dramatically discounted airfares. And, as part of a fast-growing company, you’ll get plenty of opportunities to make your mark and make a real difference.
Reporting to the Vice President Flight Operations, the Chief Pilot will be involved in final certification and lead the Company into future growth. Excellent leadership, management and communication skills are required for success in this role.
This is a Transport Canada approved position detailed in the CASS 725.07 (2) (B) therefore the following qualifications are mandatory.
• Hold a valid Canadian Airline Transport Licences (areoplanes), a valid instrument rating appropriate for the group of Aeroplan and a type rating for at least one of the types of aeroplanes operated,
• Have at least 3 years aeroplane experience as pilot-in-command iaw CASS,
• Be qualified for line flying on our aircraft type,
• Satisfy Transport Canada of competence for the position,
• A valid passport with required visas with right to work in Canada if required.
• Previous Chief Pilot, training and checking experience,
• Recent relevant line experience on Airbus 320 family,
• An understanding and dedication to implementing a Safety Management System to meet and exceed regulatory requirements,
• Excellent understanding of Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARS),
• Advanced understanding of manual and training program creation, implementation and maintenance,
• Able to make hiring decision for multiple positions,
• Ability to work with multiple departments to ensure manuals developed are linked and meet regulatory requirements,
• Duties as in Operations Manual and as assigned by the Company,
• Decision making on a frequent basis and making recommendation to Senior Management for continuous improvement,
• Ability to obtain and retain a Restricted Area Identity Card in accordance with the Airport Restricted Area Access Clearance Program regulated by Transport Canada.
Applications should be forwarded to:
**Please include your LinkedIn profile URL along with your resume with your application**
As opposed to traditional airlines our teams are very small and we will only be able to get back to candidates selected for an interview. We thank you very much in advance for your interest in Jetlines, Canada’s first Ultra Low-Cost Carrier.