- Rank 7
- Posts: 570
- Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:00 pm
- Location: YVR, Richmond, British Columbia
Pacific Coastal Airline's (PCA) Safety Management System (SMS) is committed to providing a healthy, safe, environmentally sustainable workplace. The OSH Coordinator is a key position within Pacific Coastal Airlines (PCA) SMS Team, and is responsible for managing and supporting all aspects of the Occupational Health, Environment and Safety for PCA staff. The OSH Coordinator reports directly to the Director, Quality & Safety (DQS). She/he works closely with operational staff and department heads to facilitate and guide the management of OSH issues.
- The OSH Coordinator is accountable to the DQS to ensure that PCAs health, environment and safety standards and practices meet regulatory and corporate requirements.
- Provides subject matter expertise, guidance and training on matters pertaining to Occupational Health and Safety Legislation (AOSH, CLC, ERDC) and industry best practice
- Acts as liaison for OSH regulatory agencies
- Regularly reviews and maintains familiarity with all applicable legislation and standards to ensure compliance
- Identifies and investigates health, environmental, safety issues through a regular quality assurance and inspection program
- Manages, or monitors the management of, SMS reports related to OSH
- Conducts hazard identification and risk management analysis
- Assists in the development and maintenance of department Safe Job Procedures
- Conducts safety surveys
- Conducts statistical trend analysis on safety data monthly, analyze and identify trends
- Maintains company WHMIS, Dangerous Goods and SDS program
- Maintains Pacific Coastal Airline's Occupation Health, Safety and Environment Procedures
- Provides input to the Safety Management System manual and procedures
- Administers company Disability Management program specific to work-related injuries and illnesses (Worksafe BC, HOIR, Return to Work)
- Trains employees and management in Occupational Safety and Health regulations and practices
- Champions a company culture of workplace health and safety
- Co-chairs the Joint Health and Safety Committees
- Writes / documents procedures for internal and regulatory requirements
- Other duties as assigned by the Director, Quality & Safety
Education & Experience
- Formal education and certification (or working toward certification) in Occupational Health, Safety and Environment
- Working knowledge of Canada Labour Code Part 2, ERDC and AOSH regulations
- Previous experience working in an aviation environment
- Awareness of safety-related trends, advances, improvements, and best practices
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Organization and project management
- Time Management and Multi-Tasking
- Support, Coaching and Mentoring
- Uphold policy, procedures and goals of Company
- Computer literate (MS Office, databases)
- Training and presentation skills
- Team oriented with strong attention to detail
- Legally able to work in Canada
- Some travel to PCA and WestJet Link stations required
Why Pacific Coastal Airlines?
Company Culture: We honour our company motto of People Friendly, People First for both our employees and our passengers. We encourage a positive, caring workplace and put a high value on collaboration, accountability, and loyalty. We are inclusive, respectful, and have a friendly corporate culture.
Compensation: We recognize and value industry experience by offering competitive compensation commensurate with prior experience. We offer long term pay progression to recognize years of service as well as a company match Group RRSP for retirement planning.
Health Benefits: We offer a standard benefits package for permanent employees consisting of extended health, dental, vision, travel medical, BC MSP (if applicable), life insurance, AD&D, short-term disability, long-term disability, an employee and family assistance program, paid sick days, and paid personal emergency days.
Travel Benefits: We offer excellent travel perks within the Pacific Coastal network for employees, their eligible family members, and their buddies. Also available to employees and their eligible family members is standby travel on other airlines across the world. Additionally, employees are eligible for discounts with various hotels and restaurants within the communities we serve as well as steeply discounted cargo shipping within the Pacific Coastal Airlines network.
Employee Programs: We have employee recognition and reward programs, a milestone service recognition program, employee appreciation events throughout the year, and an online learning and development program.
Please submit a cover letter and resume with your application by clicking on: https://pacificcoastal.prevueaps.com/jobs/
Pacific Coastal Airlines is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of ethnicity, gender, age, disability or any other identifying characteristic.
While we thank all candidates interested in joining the Pacific Coastal Airlines team, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.