- Rank 7
- Posts: 570
- Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:00 pm
- Location: YVR, Richmond, British Columbia
The Quality Assurance Manager reports directly to the Director, Quality & Safety (DQS). She/He works closely with operational staff and department heads to facilitate and guide the management of Quality Assurance. The QAM is responsible for the development and management of PCA Quality Management Systems and will work with internal and external stakeholders to establish, implement, review and promote quality and continuous improvement systems. The QAM is responsible for managing and demonstrating compliance to regulatory and legal requirements and internal standards.
- Develop and maintain the controlled Quality Manual for PCA
- Create and maintain an effective audit schedule, ensuring compliance to all requirements
- Develop and manage external, vendor and 3rd party audits
- Develop and guide a pool of internal auditors according to need and subject matter expertise required for a robust Quality Assurance Program throughout PCA
- Ensure all internal auditors are trained and competent to perform their QA tasks
- Complete formal audits as per operational, internal and external requirements
- Conducts quality assurance inspections and witnesses performance tests
- Responsible for management and preservation of all audit reports and data
- Approve corrective action plans, track and verify compliance
- Work with Quality Control and other company personnel to improve compliance rate and drive forward a culture of safety, quality and continuous improvement
- Data collection and analysis for regular reporting on the performance of the quality system
- Assists, guides and mentors quality control and operational personnel on processes and procedures to correct non-conformities and improve systems.
- Works closely with Document Control to ensure compliance to best practices
- Communicates effectively with department heads on quality assurance and control matters within the organization
- Contributes to and maintains Management of Change documentation, tracking progress on action items
- Educate and/or counsel staff and students in compliance with the organisation's policies and procedures
- Manage regulatory compliance and associated approvals for operational requirements
- Maintain effective communication and relationships with all regulatory, legislative and certification bodies on matters concerning compliance
- Complete Root / Contributory cause investigations and analysis to assist the Safety Management System
- Establish and maintain a quality awareness program
- Manage the implementation of an effective control process for quality documents
- Assume the SMS leadership role in the absence of the Director, Quality & Safety
- Undertake other duties, accept delegated tasks, and the subsequent authorities and accountabilities associated with such duties and tasks, as directed by the Director, Quality & Safety
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a senior quality assurance role
- Extensive audit experience in aviation operations
- Proven experience in the development and application of a Quality Management Program within a Safety Management System
- Post-secondary education, certification and/or significant experience and professional training in Quality Assurance
- Strong understanding of Transport Canada regulations and standards as they pertain to 704 and 705 operations and Approved Maintenance Organization
- Project/Program Management experience
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrates tact, diplomacy, and creative problem solving abilities
- Computer proficiency in standard Microsoft applications
- Demonstration of exemplary business ethics, integrity and honesty in all situations
- Flexible and adaptable to changing situations and work environments
- Ability to collaborate with teams and focus people's energy and attention on bringing various priorities together to achieve set goals and objectives
- Excellent technical, analytical, presentation, organizational, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates initiative, active listening skills, and is action/result-oriented
- Ability to write technical documents, reports and manuals
- Able to work both in a team setting and individually
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
- Maintain a personal and professional "continuous improvement" philosophy
- Actively engage and promote the Safety Management System and safe practices at work
- Willingness and ability to demonstrate initiative and accept responsibility
- Enthusiastic, energetic and motivated approach to work
- Legally able to work in Canada
- Travel to PCA and WestJet Link stations required
WHY PACIFIC COASTAL AIRLINES?
Company Culture: We honour our company motto of People Friendly, People First for both our employees and our passengers. We encourage a positive, caring workplace and put a high value on collaboration, accountability, and loyalty. We are inclusive, respectful, and have a friendly corporate culture.
Compensation: We recognize and value industry experience by offering competitive compensation commensurate with prior experience as well as a company-match Group RRSP to assist with retirement planning.
Health Benefits: We offer a standard benefits package consisting of health, dental, vision, travel medical, BC MSP, life insurance, AD&D, short-term disability, long-term disability, an employee and family assistance program, paid sick days, and paid personal emergency days.
Travel Benefits: We offer excellent travel perks within the Pacific Coastal network for employees, their families, and their buddies. Also available to employees and their eligible family members is standby travel on many other airlines across the world. Additionally, employees are eligible for corporate discounts with various hotels and restaurants within the communities we serve as well as steeply discounted cargo shipping within the Pacific Coastal Airlines network.
Employee Programs: We have employee recognition and reward programs, a milestone service recognition program, employee appreciation events throughout the year, and an online learning and development program.
Please submit a cover letter and resume with your application by clicking on: https://pacificcoastal.prevueaps.com/jobs/
While we thank all candidates interested in joining the Pacific Coastal Airlines team, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Pacific Coastal Airlines is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic