Job Category: Safety Sensitive
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Vancouver, BC
• As per company payscale, additional considerations provided for dual ratings and experience/endorsements on current fleet
• Night Shift Premium provided
Direct Report: Base Crew Chief
Posting Expires: When suitable candidate is selected.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity and possess the required qualifications, please send copy of your cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please List “YVR – Aircraft Maintenance Engineer” in the subject line.
We appreciate all interested applications; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At North Cariboo Air we work tirelessly to be the preferred charter airline in Western Canada. We have a number of bases located throughout Alberta & BC; Calgary, Edmonton, Kirby Lake, Vancouver, Prince George and Fort St. John. Our variety in aircraft fleet & bases allow us to have the flexibility to meet the unique needs of our clients. Our tagline is Going Beyond. But that philosophy is not just for customers. It’s also a big part of how we treat our employees. We pride ourselves on promoting diversity in the workplace as well as a healthy work/life balance; we work hard, but we play hard as well! Our diverse team includes Flight & Cabin Crew, Maintenance, Customer Service, Ground Ops & Support Staff, to name a few.
We are looking for an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) who has experience on our fleet, to join our team! Our philosophy is that we want to find the right person to complement our existing workforce, not just a body to fill our recruitment needs. We work to ensure our teams are diverse, dynamic and well rounded. Our Maintenance Teams may not be large, but we are mighty; our experienced AME’s bring a wealth of industry and technical knowledge, our Junior AME’s are determined and motivated with many working on obtaining their dual licence and aircraft endorsements and our Apprentices are eager, tenacious and dedicated, a characteristic we are proud to attribute to our in-house AME Apprenticeship program. We understand that our employees want to do their best; we can help them achieve this through proper training, support and providing them with the resources needed to do their jobs.
• Vancouver, BC: We are looking for an individual to work on a full time basis, this position requires an individual who has a flexible schedule and is able to meet the unique needs of a charter airline. The successful candidate for this position will have an M2 AME licence with current experience on a RJ100 and DCH8-300. The individual must be eligible for Aircraft Certification Authority (ACA).
If you’re wondering whether this position or even if North Cariboo is right for you, the honest answer is that North Cariboo Air is what you make of it. The opportunities are here, just waiting for you to seize them!
This position is responsible for maintaining the integrity of North Cariboo Air’s aircrafts and upholding our Safety Management System.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Daily line maintenance of all company types, trouble shoot & repair snags
• Routine maintenance, component replacement
• Scheduled inspections on all aircraft types up to A-Checks.
o Heavy maintenance completed through third parties
• Complete all required documentation
• Actively supports the company Safety Management System by participating in the program and acting appropriately for their role as defined within the SMS Manual
• Other duties as assigned
Aircraft Types: B200, B1900D, DHC8 300, Avro RJ100.
• Transport Canada approved Aircraft Maintenance Technology Program
• Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience, with a M1 or M2 license; preferably with experience and type training on the below noted aircraft types
• Must be able to work with minimum supervision
• Must have strong mechanical aptitude & excellent troubleshooting skills
• Often on feet for extended periods of time.
• Occasional lifting of over 50lbs
• Must be able to obtain a Transport Canada Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC) & AVOP
• Experience with RAAS, an asset
• Experience with DHC8-300 and/or RJ100 a requirement
Position Type: Full Time, 40 hour work week
Schedule: Days, Nights, Evenings, Weekends, On-Call. As per operational requirements.