Pacific Sky Aviation Inc. (PSAI) provides Transport Canada approved flight training, operates a corporate flight department, conducts Twin Otter production flight testing and ferries Twin Otter aircraft to customers throughout the world. With facilities in Victoria and Calgary, we are expanding our company with the announcement of the opening of an additional flight training centre located at Calgary International Airport. The training centre will house a state-of-the-art Twin Otter Level “D” Full Flight Simulator and Seaplane Trainer and a flat panel Integrated Cockpit Procedures Trainer (IPT), as well as state of the art classrooms, briefing rooms, staff offices and a customer lounge. Visit www.pacificsky.ca to learn more about us.
Reporting to the Program manager, the e Learning Instructional Designer will work with our Subject Matter Experts (SME) team to develop training modules for our Pilots and Maintenance Distance Learning Platform.
Specific accountabilities for the role include:
• Accountable for advising on product instructional components
• Accountable for designing and developing instructor guides, participant guides, quick reference cards, training videos, presentation scripts, checklists, tests, evaluation forms, written role plays/ exercises, video demonstrations, simulations and games, content design and layout, interactive multimedia etc.
• Design, develop and implement engaging & compelling instructional resources for classroom, virtual and On-Demand delivery to ensure knowledge transfer and retention
• Analyze test results, evaluations and reports to determine trends and respond with follow-up information where required.
• Proficient using Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Premier, Edge, Learning management systems and performance support technologies
• Intermediate knowledge of articulating story lines
• Demonstrated experience in the development of learning and performance support content using sound instructional design principles
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, MS Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Strong knowledge and understanding of AICC and SCORM standards and implementation
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Expert user of content creation tools
• Demonstrated experience using various internet search engines and other common content development software
• A level of education, training & experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in Distance Education, Educational Technology
• Four years of recent related experience in Instructional Design, adult learning principles, e-learning technologies, education and performance support in a complex business environment
What do we offer our employees?
This position is contractual and based in Victoria, B.C. We offer a competitive compensation and attractive benefits at workplace with a clear mission for customer service, a fun working environment, and where people are respected and work together.
A workplace with a focus on people and customers, as seen in our company values: Safety, Customer Satisfaction, Integrity, Financial Responsibility, Direct Communication, Continuous Learning & Improvement and Positive Work Attitude. We offer a professional, collegial working environment where employees care about one another. We treat our employees well and are open to suggestions to improve and enhance the work environment
If this role interests you, please send in your resume to email@example.com