Sunwest Aviation Ltd. currently has an opportunity available for a Part-time Aircraft Groomer in our Maintenance Department, Saturdays and Sundays 2:00 pm - 10:30 pm. Reporting to the Production Manager, this position is responsible for performing the duties and responsibilities which include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Cleaning and setting up the passenger compartments of airplanes between flights.
• Vacuum or sweep the interior cabin of the aircraft
• Brush debris from seats and arrange seat belts
• Clean debris from seat pockets and arrange inflight magazine and safety cards in seat pockets
• Clean aircraft galleys and lavatory
• Wipe down and clean other areas of the cabin that need cleaning
• Wash or wipe down exterior of aircraft
• Detail and polish bright areas when required
• Steam clean carpets in the aircraft as required
• Other duties and requirements as required
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications and competencies:
• High school diploma preferred
• Cleaning experience is an asset
• Must be able to lift light to medium objects (approx. 10-20 lbs.)
• Experience in handling a steam cleaner/shampoo machine is beneficial
• Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen examination
• Ability to work alone with minimal supervision
• Ability to follow detailed instructions
• Demonstrate a commitment to teamwork through relationship building and collaboration
• Deliver productivity through time efficiency and a commitment to strong results
• Positive attitude
• Willingness to assist others
• Trustworthy and hard-working
All interested candidates should visit the Career Centre at www.sunwestaviation.ca to complete an on-line application form for the noted opportunity. The application deadline is March 29, 2019.
Offering a safe, diverse and innovative environment, Sunwest Aviation is respected for integrity and is committed to taking care of our customers, our employees, our partners and our community. We offer our employees a competitive, performance-based salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including 100% coverage for basic and preventative dental treatment, extended health with 100% coverage for prescription drugs and paramedical services, life insurance, AD&D, short-term & long-term disability, an Employee & Family Assistance Program, and Group RRSP plan matching.
Sunwest Aviation is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage all candidates to apply and the most qualified candidate will be offered the position. All applicants are thanked in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.