People define Conair and we currently have an opening for a full time permanent Administrative Assistant – Crew Scheduling and Training position.
The Administrative Assistant – Crew Scheduling and Training will coordinate scheduling for the new distributed simulation program, yearly training program, and summer crew rotation. They will also provide back up for operational and administrative tasks in the Flight Ops department.
In this role your duties will include the following:
• Ensuring that all Flight Operations personnel have safety as their primary objective by adhering to the Conair safety policy and utilizing the appropriate safety reporting program in order to identify and communicate all known hazards and risks to the organization;
• Ensuring continual improvement through the periodic review of regulation, company policy, and documented processes;
• Assist in the managing of invoicing of simulator and FTD customers;
• Ensure pilots are planned to operate within the flight and duty requirements of the Canadian Aviation Regulations, Conair Operations Manual, and the pilot collective agreement;
• Maintaining the tracking tool for pilot flight and duty times;
• Coordinating pilot rotation schedules;
• Coordinate pilot training schedules;
• Coordinate simulator usage and training slots;
• Ensure pilot staffing is adequate at all times;
• Ensure ad hoc flights are crewed effectively; and
• Ensure pilots update flight and duty times within the tracking tool;
• Assist in the coordination of pilot training;
• Assist in the development and distribution of training programs;
• Distribute Computer Based Training modules;
• Maintain pilot training files;
• Function as Duty Officer when required;
• Other administrative tasks as required.
We are looking for someone with:
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
• Excellent ability to speak and write in English;
• Detail oriented with the ability to adapt quickly to changing needs and requirements;
• Highly organized with the ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines;
• Ability to handle frequent interruptions and prioritize projects;
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with employees at all levels;
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information;
• Good analytical and problem solving skills;
• Ability to use discretion and independent judgment when dealing with issues and problems.
• Previous experience in an office setting or in aviation industry;
• Grade 12;
• Previous experience in a clerical, administrative or similar role;
• Solid computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), and the Internet.
If you are qualified and interested in this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 29, 2019 with Administrative Assistant – Crew Scheduling and Training in the subject line.