Sunwest Aviation Ltd. currently has an opportunity available for a full-time Ramp/Fuel Attendant, Sunday – Thursday, time to be determined. Reporting to the Ground Operations Manager, this position is responsible for performing the duties and responsibilities which include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Deliver high quality service to customers
• Proper operation of ramp and hangars (fueling and marshalling of aircraft)
• Perform completion of fuel orders
• Ensure buildings, trucks, all other ramp equipment and vehicles are clean and well maintained
• Provide proper briefing to next team at end of each shift and ensure that all paper work is complete
• Inspection of ramp and hangars to ensure they are free from obstructions or potential hazardous objects
• Ensure readiness and replenishment of de-ice equipment is complete during winter operations
• Other related duties including, but not limited to, washing customer vehicles, changing garbage, cleaning hangars, etc.
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications and competencies:
• Completion of High School diploma
• Previous experience in aviation fueling and towing is considered an asset
• Class 1, 2 or 3 Driver’s License with an air endorsement license is an asset
• Substance abuse screening is required as per our Safety Management System
• Valid Driver’s Abstract is required
• Must be flexible with shift hours
• Positive “can-do” attitude
• Willingness to handle multiple tasks
• Good communication and customer service skills
In addition, successful candidates will be required to undergo vision, hearing, and Fit to Work testing.
All interested candidates should visit the Career Centre at www.sunwestaviation.ca to complete an on-line application form for posting ref # 2019-011. The position deadline is March 29, 2019.
Offering a safe, diverse and innovative environment, Sunwest Aviation is respected for integrity and is committed to taking care of our customers, our employees, our partners and our community. We offer our employees a competitive, performance-based salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including 100% coverage for basic and preventative dental treatment, extended health with 100% coverage for prescription drugs and paramedical services, life insurance, AD&D, short-term & long-term disability, an Employee & Family Assistance Program, and Group RRSP plan matching.
Sunwest Aviation is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage all candidates to apply and the most qualified candidate will be offered the position. All applicants are thanked in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.