Perimeter Aviation offers a Comprehensive Benefit Package that includes: Industry Competitive Wages, Medical and Dental Benefits, Life Insurance, Travel Benefits with various International Air Carriers, Pension Plan, and an Employee Share Purchase Plan.
We are currently offering a signing bonus of:
$5,000 for the chosen candidate with M1 AME License; or
$10,000 for the chosen candidate with M2 AME / Dash 8 License.
Moving allowance will be considered on a case to case basis.
Established in 1960 and based in Winnipeg and Thompson Manitoba, Perimeter Aviation LP has grown into a diversified airline company with more than 600 employees, operating a fleet of 30+ aircraft in a scheduled air service to Manitoba and North Western Ontario. In addition to our scheduled passenger and freight service, 24/7 North American charter service, Medical evacuation services and a full service maintenance facility including design engineering, NDT, and Garrett turbine engine services.
Maintenance Day is accountable and responsible to perform duties as assigned by the Crew Chief / Maintenance Manager and for the work accomplished with the maintenance activity and for certification made within the scope of their ACA privileges Responsible for The Line Maintenance Day Lead Hand duties shall consist of the following but not limited to: Carry out maintenance, repair, and modification on company and customer aircraft and aeronautical products.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
This position is responsible and accountable for, but not limited to, the following duties:
• Assist in the instruction of “on the job” training for Apprentice mechanics.
• Supervise the completion, and certification of work performed by apprentice mechanics performing work under their direction.
• Complete and certify logbooks, work sheets, and task cards for work accomplished.
• Ensure procedures for stock control are maintained as per company policy.
• Ensure the proper care and handling of company tooling and to report unserviceable maintenance equipment to the VP Maintenance.
• Ensure that safety precautions are being observed by apprentice mechanics.
• Monitor housekeeping and security of premises.
• Be knowledgeable regarding the locations and use of fire extinguishers and fire alarm boxes.
• Attend training courses as required.
• Be familiar with this manual (MPM) and applicable Maintenance Control Manuals (MCM) and Minimum Equipment Lists (MEL
• Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager
Education and Experience
• Minimum 4 years relevant professional experience within the aviation industry in progressively more responsible positions an asset
• M1 AME license required
• Working knowledge of Canadian Aviation Regulations
• Sound understanding of safety, risk management, and quality assurance
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and WinAir considered an asset
• Knowledge and understanding of Perimeters company policies/procedures
• Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
• Able to work effectively independently and as part of a team
• Ability to qualify for a Winnipeg Airports Authority RAIC pass
How to Apply
Perimeter Aviation's hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. Perimeter Aviation LP does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis which may result in an earlier application deadline.