- Rank 7
- Posts: 592
- Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:00 pm
- Location: YVR, Richmond, British Columbia
Ramp Agents are part of a team that works in conjunction with flight crew members and customer service agents. They must ensure that safety is their priority, while maintaining a high degree of customer satisfaction.
Pacific Coastal Ramp Agents are responsible for providing outstanding service to our customers and must embody the Pacific Coastal Airlines motto of "People Friendly, People First". The successful individual will be expected to embody the corporate values, professionalism, diversity and service excellence both to our internal and external customers.
- Marshall aircraft
- Unload passenger luggage, cargo, containers/pallets, etc.
- Provide special handling of luggage/cargo as required/directed
- Drive and/or operate ground support equipment (e.g. golf carts, tugs, baggage carts, mobility aids, tow bars)
- Assist customers and crew during boarding/offloading the aircraft
- Report all equipment malfunctions to appropriate supervisor/manager
- Maintain the highest standards of safety and security at all times
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Valid class 5 driver's license is required
- Valid Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC) would be an asset
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work outdoors during inclement weather conditions
- Flexible to work weekends, evenings, holidays and/or irregular shifts
- Available to take on extra shifts on short notice
- Must be able to obtain and maintain designated security clearance
Travel Benefits: We offer excellent travel perks within the Pacific Coastal network for employees, their families, and their buddies. Also available to employees and their eligible family members is standby travel on other airlines across the world with major Canadian airlines including Air Canada, WestJet, Air Transat, Cathay Pacific, and more. Additionally, employees are eligible for discounts with various hotels and restaurants within the communities we serve as well as steeply discounted cargo shipping within the Pacific Coastal network.
Interested applicants please complete your job application by clicking on https://pacificcoastal.prevueaps.com/jobs/
Pacific Coastal Airlines is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.