Ornge is a modern, vital, evolving organization that is dedicated to providing the highest quality transport medicine services to the province of Ontario. From air transport to the critical care land transport program, we provide a range of services to patients and hospitals across the province. We are looking for individuals who are dedicated and energetic and who are looking for a career with a dynamic, patient-focused organization. Ornge is committed to creating and promoting diversity, accessibility and inclusion in the workplace.
Ornge Air currently has a vacancy for an Aviation Compliance Officer within the Flight Operations Department.
POSITION AVAILABLE: AVIATION COMPLIANCE OFFICER
POSITION STATUS: PERMANENT FULL-TIME; NON-UNION
LOCATION: 5310 EXPLORER DRIVE, MISSISSAUGA
REPORTING TO: MANAGER, FLIGHT OPERATIONS
As a member of the Ornge Flight Operations team, the Aviation Compliance Officer will support the Manager of Flight Operations in the execution of various operational programs to ensure compliance with Transport Canada Requirements.
- Responsible for the continued maintenance of the route manuals, weight and balance program, and operational flight plans (OFP) for both Fixed and Rotor operations;
- Responsible for technical support of the Flight Operations dispatch software.
- Responsible for the review and upkeep of the NVG Controlled Goods program, including regular review of the applicable regulations to identify changes that could affect ongoing compliance;
- Responsible for the investigation and reporting of flight operations investigations;
- Responsible for the Flight Ops data quality initiatives;
- Will support the Manager, Flight Operations with manual reviews and revision, to ensure compliance with current regulations;
- Responsible for the coordination, implementation, and administration of the Flight Follower training program;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education with a diploma in aviation is required;
- Minimum of 5 years of operational experience working in flight operations, flight dispatch or aviation safety roles;
- Thorough understanding of the 703 and 704 Canadian Aviation Regulations and Standards as they relate to fixed and rotor flight operations.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply on-line at www.ornge.ca/careers no later than May 28, 2019. If you require a disability accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us and provide your contact information. A Human Resources Officer will contact you within 48 hours. Ornge is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Human Rights Code.
We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.