KF Aerospace is proud to deliver innovative aircraft solutions for corporate, commercial and military customers worldwide. Launched 50 years ago out of Canada’s Okanagan Valley, KF has grown to specialize in a wide range of aviation services including maintenance and modifications, air cargo operations, military pilot training and aircraft leasing. With facilities across Canada, KF is home to a 1,000 strong, highly skilled workforce. Our passion for our craft fuels every project we touch.
WE’RE GROWING IN THE OKANAGAN!
Location: YLW 5655 Airport Way, Kelowna BC, Canada V1V 1S1
Located in BC’s beautiful Okanagan Valley, Kelowna is home to our Head Office and our largest maintenance facility.750 of our 1,120 employees are employed in Kelowna. They spend their off-hours enjoying all the valley has to offer year-round; from skiing at any of the five local ski hills, visiting the 200 local wineries, golfing at one of the 30 golf courses, or enjoying the amazing lakes and sandy beaches. In fact, Kelowna is Canada's second-fastest growing city in terms of household numbers and USA Today named the Okanagan Valley as the world's second-best wine region to visit. Our strong and growing company provides employees with the community, co-workers and satisfying challenges that make a positive connection between career and lifestyle.
IT’S YOUR CAREER. THE SKY IS THE LIMIT!
We have exciting opportunities for 10 full-time permanent Structural AME's (NOC Code 7315) in Kelowna, BC. Structural AME’s perform line and heavy maintenance as well as repairs and modifications on a wide variety of aircraft, including B737 Jurassic, Classic, NG, B757, Hercules, Convair, Buffalo, and Twin Otter.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Structural AME’s are expected to be able to demonstrate a high level of technical proficiency and perform the following functions:
• Complete basic inspection tasks
• Inspection of aircraft structures in accordance with Service Bulletins, AD’s and aircraft manuals
• Inspection and assessment of corrosion and damage to aircraft structures
• Design and layout a structural repair manual (SRM) repair with minimal assistance
• Construction and set up of jigs and fixtures
• Complete all general repairs
• Sealant of metal and composite surfaces
• Installation of fasteners
• Treatment of metals and corrosion
• Assembly and fitting of parts
• Repair, replace, and modify metal alloy and composite structures
• Fabrication of sheet metal parts
• Ability to source and use correct composite materials for bonding a fastener or simple repair
• Understanding of aircraft fastener codes and uses/installations
• Complete all repairs from SRM, SB, AD and Engineering drawings
• Source appropriate calibrated tooling for the jobs
Documentation & Administration
• Ensures appropriate documentation is completed accurately and on time and submitted to a senior Technician or Shift Lead for ACA approval
• Sources required technical information in maintenance manuals
• Ability to complete ERP processes and procedures correctly
Applying safe work practices in all job duties, including:
• Wearing all appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment)
• Understanding and applying the Risk Management System
• Understanding and applying Health & Safety Policies
• Maintaining good housekeeping and cleanliness standards
• Understanding and applying safe handling practices with the aircraft
Certification & Experience
• Transport Canada Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Structures) License and minimum 2 years experience performing maintenance and/or modifications on commercial aircraft, including large Boeing Aircraft; or
• Equivalent license from foreign country (would be considered unlicensed in Canada) and minimum 5 years of experience performing maintenance and/or modifications on commercial aircraft, including large Boeing Aircraft; or
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience performing maintenance and/or modifications on commercial aircraft, including large Boeing Aircraft.
• Unlicensed mechanics are expected to have the willingness and qualifications to obtain a Transport Canada license within 1 year.
• Positive attitude and strong work ethic
• Willing to take initiative
• Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to learn and understand KF organizational systems and work flow
• Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Able to effectively train apprentices
• Ability to accept constructive criticism
• Basic computer skills and familiarity with Intranet
• Willing to pursue additional company training as required
HOURS OF WORK
• Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position
• Flexibility to work any type of shift
LANGUAGE OF WORK
• Work is conducted in English
LAUNCH YOUR CAREER
Transport Canada Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineers (with at least 2 years of experience) earn an hourly wage starting at $30.39 up to $36.64 with room to grow into Senior and Shift Lead roles.
Unlicensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineers (with at least 5-7 years of experience) earn an hourly wage of $30.94. This is the highest wage level for unlicensed AMEs.
KF will support Unlicensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineers to achieve Transport Canada licensing.
Full-Time staff benefits include (but are not limited to):
• Health and Dental
• Short & Long-Term Disability
• Health Spending Account
• Paid vacation and Personal time off
• The opportunity to bank overtime
• Pension matching plan and voluntary RRSP
• Employee & Family Assistance Program
• Free financial advice
• Uniform allowance
• A bonus program based on organizational performance
HOW TO APPLY
Be a part of our craft. Apply for the AME-S position at kfaero.ca/careers today!
Positions are located in Kelowna, British Columbia
5655 Airport Way, Kelowna BC, V1V 1S1
For further inquiries, please contact:
Human Resources Assistant