Company Name: Airborne Energy Solutions
Contact Name: Geoff Mann
Street Address: Villeneuve Airport
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send Resume & Cover Letter Via: email
Aircraft Types: Cessna 172, 182 and 206
This position is responsible for the aerial inspection of pipeline right of ways to ensure early detection of leaks and for reporting of all anomalies for further investigation by the pipeline companies.
● Understands and recognizes the various anomalies that need to be reported.
● During flight, the Observer records the anomalies and or other features.
● Ensures that anomalies are photographed and location recorded. This involves using the NOMAD as well as recording with pen and paper
● Good understanding of computer skills to be able to complete Photo Editing, working with Word Documents and Data Entry for WARS reports
● Completes WARS,(Web Anomaly Report System), reports and job specific reports
● Familiar with using programs such as Base Loc and Google Earth to convert GPS coordinates to LSD’s and vice versa, in order to provide accurate reporting of anomalies.
● Familiar with using patrol maps and in providing an accurate and timely report to customers. This includes use of a cell phone while in flight to contact customer if a urgent anomaly is sighted.
● Ensures all patrol data and photos are properly labelled and saved in the appropriate company database / drives when back at base or away.
● Ensure that all reports will be completed asap and no later than 24 hours after completion of patrol
● During flight, the Observer monitors pipelines for any anomalies, including, but not limited to, leaks, corrosion, erosion, damage and 3rd party activity.
● Assists pilots to ensure safety of passengers by being observant and diligent at all times.
● Deals professionally and courteously with passengers
● Understands and follows all Surveillance SOPs, training manuals, Surveillance Department and Company policies and procedures.
● Assists the Surveillance Supervisor with any pipeline related issues.
● Familiar with use of Nomads, Junos, cameras and ipad Mini or other recording equipment. With the PIC, is responsible for the care and custody of all equipment to ensure it is not damaged or lost/stolen.
● Ensure that Batteries are charged for the Camera, Juno and I-pad.
● Ensures that all required equipment is on board aircraft prior to departure.
● Assist the PIC to keep the inside and outside of the aircraft clean at all times, with a thorough cleaning to be given at least once per week
● Assists in the completion of various types of projects, including inspections of pipelines and power lines, fire spotting, aerial photography, GIS/GPS information gathering.
● Maintain Surveillance files associated with the position.
● Always checks e-mails to ensure information sent has been read and understood.
● Assist in general pipeline duties such as manual reviews and SMS requirements.
● Complete administrative company forms, Flight duty times, time sheets, travel requests, expense claims, and leave requests by required deadlines.
● Assist in general duties around the base as required
● Transport Canada Fixed Wing Commercial Pilot Licence (completed or in process) is preferred.
● Class 1 Aviation Medical (mandatory as a holder of a Commercial Pilot License)
● High school diploma required. Post-secondary education is an asset.
● Proficiency in the use of computer programs for word processing, databases, email, internet, etc.
● Proven experience in providing exceptional customer service.
● Shall be required to pass pre-employment A & D screening
● Class 5 Driver’s License
● Problem solving, conflict resolution and decision-making skills.
● People skills, supports diversity, results driven, professionalism.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills.
● Strong organizational and time management skills with an ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
● Excellent customer service skills.
● Strong Interpersonal skills.
Equipment to be Used
● Fixed Wing aircraft.
● Aircraft fuelling equipment.
● Digital Camera
● Juno, and/or other data collection equipment
● iPad Mini
● Computers, photocopiers, faxes and related office equipment and software.
● Aircraft hangar. May be required to apply for and receive security clearance passes.
● A standard office environment, travel will be required.
● Understands and adopts the company’s safety culture with attention to SMS policies and procedures.
● Other duties and responsibilities may include but are not limited to assisting ground support, cleaning of hangar, office and aircraft, painting and other housekeeping duties.