Company: Calgary Flying Club
Location: Springbank Airport, Calgary Alberta
Web Address: Calgaryflyingclub.com
Contact Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: July 15, 2019
General Manager Position
About the Calgary Flying Club and Calgary Aviation College - Since 1927, CFC has been a leader in general aviation in Southern Alberta and is currently the sixth largest flight training unit of our type in Canada. We rent aircraft, maintain aircraft, sell fuel, create unique flying experiences, advocate for general aviation and maintain a welcoming culture and facilities for our members. We serve career and recreational pilots to meet their goals and ensure all aviation enthusiasts can share a sense of community at CFC. CFC manages a first-class facility at the Springbank Airport near Calgary Alberta and operates a fleet of 16 aircraft supported by 30 dedicated employees. CFC operates under federal and provincial regulations as a private career college, flight training unit and aircraft maintenance organization.
What You’ll Do - Reporting directly to a Board of Directors and its Chairperson, the General Manager will provide an outstanding environment and quality experience to enhance member/student satisfaction and meet flying regulations. That person will infuse hospitality and attention to detail into every aspect of front-line operational support, student services, technical dispatch, member communications and member events so that members/students, staff and CFC stakeholders have a positive and memorable experience. The General Manager also acts the Accountable Executive and is the single point of accountability to Transport Canada for compliance with Canadian Aviation Regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leading a capable and dedicated senior management team to execute plans, adapt to the business environment, manage operational excellence and engage members/employees for success;
• Nurturing a culture of professionalism, strong airmanship and continuous personal development with Members, students and employees;
• Planning, advising and modeling good governance with the Board of Directors and Sustaining Members;
• Discharging the Accountable Executive role for the Flight Training Unit and the Aircraft Maintenance Organization; Providing required oversight and procedures to ensure compliance with Transport Canada approved operating certificates, manuals and the Canadian Aviation Regulations.
• Maintaining a positive and respectful work environment; Developing a management structure and management team appropriate to the endeavours of CFC. Proactively addressing key human resource issues, including instructor development; Strive to be an employer of choice in flight training;
• Fostering an environment, activities and aviation participation opportunities that are valued by the CFC Members and that encourage Member’s active involvement. Communicate using methods appropriate to demographic groups within the Membership.
• Sustaining prudent financial practices, management controls and financial reporting to ensure financial health of CFC;
• Building on the strong CFC brand and business development opportunities for prudent growth;
• Being responsible for legal, regulatory and safety compliance of the organization;
• Cultivating strong relationships with members, service providers, regulators and staff that further CFC’s credibility and good name
Who You Are – You lead with energy, insight and integrity. You love working with people and bring a positive, engaging attitude to each interaction. You are a natural team leader and a model. You understand that aviation educators and member-service businesses are only strong when they are customer-oriented, execute to high standards with teamwork and provide a consistent, safe service. You maintain exceptionally high standards for your work and work environment for others, always leading better ways of doing things that advance the objects of the organization.
You have the following:
• Demonstrated business experience managing an organization with high demands for safety, regulatory compliance and customer service;
• Ability to manage financial resources efficiently and effectively within budge process to grow the business
• Knowledge of general aviation, flight training operations, aircraft maintenance and ancillary operations or are eager to rapidly learn to the level expected of an Accountable Executive;
• Demonstrated track record of progressive human resource management;
• Strong interpersonal skills, verbal communications and written communications that enable effective management, good governance, member engagement and positive external relations;
• Perseverance, perspective, passion and leadership skills to make things happen within diverse interests of stakeholders;
• Capacity to think strategically and act tactically
Our Core Values
Safety - Safety is CFC’s highest priority. We demand all our policies, procedures, people and
continuing diligence contribute to a safety culture and safe flying experiences.
Operational Excellence- Quality also affects every aspect of our operation and every member’s
experience. We, proactively, manage quality within each major process of our Club and track our
progress in efficiency and effectiveness. We are committed to an on-going safety and quality management system.
Sustainability- CFC has an enviable track record of serving general aviation spanning decades. We respect our heritage, make conservative decisions and plan/manage for the long term.
Community - CFC is a valued leader in teaching students to fly but also in bringing aviation enthusiasts together. We promote aviation for recreation and as a career path. We want all members and stakeholders to experience a nurturing aviation community with each visit and to feel the one passion we have held since 1927.
Diversity & Inclusion at CFC - At CFC, we know that a diverse workforce fuels our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative and respectful culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work.
Consider Joining Us - We thank everyone, in advance, for your submission. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please forward a cover letter, resume, three relevant references along with compensation expectations to: email@example.com by July 15, 2019.