• Brief with other Crew Schedulers and Dispatch, log book and email briefings for crew related information for the day and cancelled flights and changes from the night before;
• Monitor the COMMS (crew comms) to ensure all flights are appropriately staffed in accordance with Transport Canada Regulations and company policy;
• Monitor and cover any open flying;
• Cancel any hotel rooms and transportation not being used due to cancelled flights;
• Prepare and maintain up to date the check-in sheets for Air Georgian Limited to ensure accurate names and times;
• Prepare dead head locators for the next day (or the month) and check dead head tickets for name changes and accuracy;
• Obtain updated reserve list for the day in order to facilitate operations and to plan for needs;
• Prepare customs sheets for Air Georgian Limited and crew meal list for the following day;
• Ensure up to date customs sheet are maintained and inform relevant departments of crew names change;
• Update any errors in crew trac from the day before and have the co-op student to synchronize the flight times for the previous days;
• Anticipate any potential duty problems for that day and ensure any problems are resolved efficiently and effectively;
• Coordinate operations with Flight follows using Flight Trac to identify misconnections of crew;
• Ensure dispatch sheets are constantly updated with any crew changes;
• Prepare draft reports from your previous shift (if applicable);
• Prepare daily checklist email and send out to crew sked, Flight Operations Technical Systems Manager, and OPOC about the daily events;
• Write all information about your shift in the log book/email briefing;
• Any duties assigned by the Director of Operations Control.
• Previous industry or dispatching experience an asset
• Must be at least 19 years of age
• Successfully completed high school or equivalent
• Post-secondary degree in aviation or related experience an asset
• Commercial pilot’s license or passed Transport Canada generic dispatcher exam(s) an asset
• English language: written and spoken
• Must be able to work autonomously or in team settings
• Knowledge of Canadian Air Regulations an asset
• Self-starter, problem solving skills.
• Strong planning, organizational and time management skills
• Able to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
• Flexible and willing to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends.
• Thrives in a fast-moving environment, with high tolerance for change.
• Motivated and enthusiastic team player.
Air Georgian Group Benefits
• Air Canada travel benefits/interline discounts
• Extended health, dental and vision care benefits
• Life and disability insurances
• Group RRSP
• Tuition assistance program
• Employee referral program
• Corporate Fitness membership
Being part of the Air Canada Express family allows you the opportunity to work with an airline committed to providing exceptional customer service and safety. Are you ready to take your career to new heights? If you are interested in this Crew Scheduler position, please apply directly and be sure to submit your resume!
Air Georgian is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in our workplace. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status and disability.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly to https://www.myavanti.ca/AGL-Careers and be sure to submit your resume!