The Aircraft Structures Engineer reports directly to the Director of Engineering.
• Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
• Effective written and verbal communication in English
• Effective use of aerospace/mechanical engineering principles
• Engineering decision-making and judgement
• Critical thinking and risk management
• Problem solving and mathematical reasoning
• Effective planning and project organizing
• Computer literacy with Microsoft Office and AutoCAD and SolidWorks
Duties & Responsibilities
• Designs alterations to aircraft structure, systems, equipment, and furnishings
• Produce detailed part, assembly and installation drawings
• Analyzes structures (hand calculations, finite element, fatigue & damage tolerance)
• Prepare, revise and check design and engineering documents
• Prepare, revise and check ground and flight test reports
• Prepare revise and check Maintenance Manual Supplements.
• Assist with Engineering Conformity Inspections
• Ensure all design and administrative paperwork related to project work is maintained in accordance with the company DAPM and Engineering Procedures Manual.
• Support other departments such as MRO, Avionics, Sales, and Customer Support.
• Assist with the development of work estimates and schedules.
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Director of Engineering or Engineering Project Manager.
Key Performance Indicators
• Adherence to regulatory requirements and company policies.
• Maintenance of the necessary knowledge and technical competency required to carry out assigned tasks.
• Ability to communicate effectively and constructively with colleagues and customers.
• Ability to maintain a high level of productivity without sacrificing quality.
• Ability to demonstrate good judgment and decision making.
• Ability to identify, analyze, and solve technical and regulatory problems.
• Ability to project a professional appearance and demeanor in all interactions and represent the company in a positive light.
• Ability to manage project tasks in a logical and organized fashion with clear documentation.
• Bachelor's degree in aerospace, mechanical or civil engineering (other qualifications such as a technology degree or diploma may be accepted).
• Advanced job-related degrees an asset.
• A P. Eng or EIT designation from a recognized Canadian engineering association is preferred. Other designations such as ENG L or PTech will be accepted.
• Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office suite, CAD software (AutoCAD/SolidWorks preferred) and FEMAP or ANSYS.
• Able to travel when necessary.
• Must be able to effectively communicate in English (both written and verbal).
• Knowledge of aircraft certification procedures is preferred.
• Knowledge of aircraft structural systems is preferred.
• Familiar with part FAR 23, FAR 25, FAR 27 and FAR 29 aircraft design standards are preferred.
• Minimum 2-year related engineering experience preferred.
• Demonstrated capability and competency in field of engineering.
• Proficient in engineering software (AutoCAD, SolidWorks, etc.)
• Design and analysis experience in aircraft structures preferred.
• Experience in aircraft maintenance or fabrication is an asset.
Applicants should apply online at: https://avmaxcanada.applicantpro.com/jobs/1106543.html
Avmax Group Inc. is dedicated to, and prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome the diversity of all of our employees. Avmax Group Inc. has specific policies in place to prevent discrimination in our hiring practices on the basis of the protected grounds dictated by Canadian legislation. We therefore encourage applications from qualified Aboriginal Canadians, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and women.
In order to be in compliance with the law, employees must be legally eligible to work in Canada.