JOB TITLE: Maintenance Planner
COMPANY: Coulson Aircrane Ltd., dba Coulson Group
REPORTS TO: Director, Maintenance – Port Alberni BC
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
At Coulson, we know that our employees are our strongest asset. Guided by a successful past and a long-term innovative vision for growth, our future success will be driven by our people and our strategic approach to our work.
Aircraft fire fighting and developing new industrial technologies are much more than pieces of metal and components; we at Coulson are determined to make a difference saving lives and homes. In addition, we strive to improve the environment we share globally.
Family owned and operated since 1960, the Coulson Group of Companies began with Forestry in British Columbia. During the 1990s, Coulson expanded into Aviation and, led by a pioneering management team, we have become one of the foremost Aviation Fire Fighting Companies in the world. We operate in the USA and Australia, and we expect to expand to other countries around the world.
In addition to Aviation, Coulson has pursued other endeavours, the most recent of which has been Coulson Ice Blast, an industrial cleaning technology that has applications in many industries. In fact, Coulson was recently recognized with awards for our ground-breaking technology.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
This position will be responsible for the detailed planning of all Heavy Maintenance checks. You must be able to estimate work hours, review work packages, and as accurately as possible, estimate the material requirements for heavy maintenance checks on aircraft. You must also be able to create detailed work packages for Production, flow charts, and critical path analyses, and you must effectively manage resources. Implement newly purchased aircraft into CAMP and CORRIDOR, and bridge Aircraft Maintenance Programs.
- Develop Aircraft Maintenance work scope and build work packages
- Plan in detail all Heavy Maintenance Checks, ensuring all materials, tools, resources, paperwork, flow charts, and any other support required to carry out a Heavy Maintenance check are available prior to the arrival of the Aircraft. Ensure the Aircraft will depart on schedule and within the budget.
- Liaise with Maintenance, Materials, and any other departments as required during the Aircraft input to ensure the Aircraft is on schedule.
- Monitor daily workflow, resource requirements, critical path, and parts shortages on Aircraft and provide feedback to supervisors and leads.
- Monitor critical path and adjust resources as required, create flow charts reflecting critical path.
- Conduct pre-check meetings with production, materials, and other departments to ensure they are briefed on check contents and expectations.
- Conduct post-check analyses to ensure that any problems encountered during check are corrected. Ensure work hours and materials spent during check are within budget.
- Provide a daily status report to all parties involved in the process.
- Lead and direct maintenance crews through Crew Leads as required to keep aircraft on schedule and within budget.
- Assist in budget compilation.
- Liaise with Finance Dept. for financial queries or provisioning
- Co-ordinate and plan work for all Support shops.
- Provide support in Implementing Aircraft into CAMP and CORRIDOR.
- Assist in bridging Aircraft Maintenance Programs.
- In-depth knowledge of the Principles of Planning, including a strong knowledge of Estimating, Production Planning, and Project Management.
- Familiar with PC spreadsheet applications (Excel) and automated planning systems.
- Strong written and oral interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong team player with the ability to focus on customer requirements in a dynamic environment.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of budgeting Heavy Maintenance work.
- Strong presentation skills
Post-secondary accredited courses related to the aviation industry and to management are an asset.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume with a cover letter outlining your experience and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In addition to a competitive salary, Coulson provides excellent benefits as part of its Total Compensation Package. These include medical and dental benefits, pension, and the possibility for bonuses. Moreover, Coulson Group values and strongly encourages its employees to maintain a positive Work-Life Balance, creating an environment that champions creativity and autonomy.
We are proud of our team and encourage a respectful workplace where everyone is treated with dignity and all ideas are welcome. Moreover, we support growth within the company and provide opportunities for advancement.
We support diversity, equity and a workplace that is free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any element of the competition process, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Port Alberni is a jewel nestled in the Alberni Valley, offering many outdoor activities during your down time, including water sports, camping, hiking, snowshoeing, and others. With lakes, the Inlet, and mountains all around, you will never run out of things to do here. There is a movie theatre that is currently undergoing renovations, and many shops owned and operated by local residents. You will also find some of the most delicious seafood right here in town at one of our many local restaurants.
If you’re looking for a quick weekend getaway, Tofino and Ucluelet are a mere two-hour drive West of town. Or, if you’re not looking for waves, Nanaimo is only an hour East, while Victoria is less than three hours South. Both offer big city shopping opportunities in addition to a wide variety of arts, entertainment, dining, and cultural activities. The Comox Valley is also less than two hours Northeast of the Valley, offering mountain biking, skiing, caving, and other outdoor activities. And let’s not forget those adorable goats on the roof at Coombs!
Centrally located, Port Alberni offers you the benefits of a small town – affordable real estate, anyone? – with the ability to play outside and experience big city life nearby.