Term: Temporary- 12 to 18 Months
The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Paralegal and Legal Counsel in the Legal department. This is a temporary full-time position to cover a sick leave for approximately 12 to 18 months.
• Effective Oral and Written Communication
• Organizational Skills
• Positive Attitude
• Strong Problem Solving and Critical Thinking Ability
• Confidentiality and Discretion
Key Performance Indicators
• Drafting of legal documentation from written and oral instructions, drafting routine correspondence.
• Secures evidence and documentation relating to complex legal issues.
• Interpretation of agreement terms.
• Format / maintain reports, graphs, tables, records and other sources of information as required.
• Format agreements and assist in preparation of legal documentation.
• Develops internal procedures for managing recurring events and/or issues and may assist to train other administrative/support staff in their implementation.
• Opening and closing of files for on and off-site storage.
• Maintaining and organizing record keeping system; attentive and detail-oriented.
• Sorting and prioritizing emails.
• Maintaining legal department task lists and tracking sheets.
• Assemble, manipulate and/or format data.
• Maintain strict confidentiality when performing all duties.
• Strong business sense and analytical problem-solving abilities and great multi-tasking skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Willingness to accommodate varying types and hours of work.
• Intermediate knowledge of MS Office suite.
• Meticulous organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet multiple deadlines.
• 3+ years of experience in a similar role with an emphasis in corporate.
• Legal experience through post-secondary courses or within a legal firm.
• Aviation experience is considered an asset, but not required.
Applicants should apply online at: https://avmaxcanada.applicantpro.com/jobs/1106922.html
Avmax Group Inc. is dedicated to, and prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome the diversity of all of our employees. Avmax Group Inc. has specific policies in place to prevent discrimination in our hiring practices on the basis of the protected grounds dictated by Canadian legislation. We therefore encourage applications from qualified Aboriginal Canadians, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and women.
In order to be in compliance with the law, employees must be legally eligible to work in Canada.