The Duty Manager is responsible for the efficient implementation and communication of the daily scheduled and charter operational plan by directing the available resources. The Duty Manager is to supervise the floor to ensure that workflows, processes and company practices are being followed. The Duty Manager works closely with Charters, Commercial Services and Maintenance to resource plan and allocate resources where needed for the needs of the operation and business.
• Highly flexible with the ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
• Solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
• Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with all departments, business partners and customers.
• Exhibit initiative, responsibility and flexibility, with demonstrated interpersonal skills allowing one to adapt to a fast-paced working environment.
• Ability to think critically and act logically to evaluate situations and provide sound judgment.
• Effective and efficient multitasking abilities.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy is imperative.
• Demonstrated time management skills.
• Proactive, self-motivated, working well within a team environment.
• Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
• Supervisory skills an asset.
• Ability to qualify for WAA (RAIC) Pass.
• Delegating tasks to employees and ensuring daily duties are completed.
• Achieving operational goals on all flights in concert with the commercial services team, applicable Managers and Flight Operations personnel.
• Coordinating a plan of action in IROP scenarios and sending out follow up communication to all required departments.
• Review the operational plan to ensure it’s achievable with the current scheduled and charter flights.
• Identify improvement opportunities observed throughout the shift, ensuring appropriate communication to all that can execute the changes.
• Review the next calendar day plan, crew/aircraft availability, weather and what is required to juggle or rearrange to serve our customers and communities to the best of our ability.
• Continually assess future calendar days and allocate resources required.
• Monitor serviceability and functionality of all ground support systems to ensure operational needs can be met.
• Liaison closely with Cargo Manager, Medevac Manager, Charter Manager Customer Service Manager and delegates to ensure operational demands are met to meet customer requirements.
• Onsite contact for charter customers, working closely with the Charters team on charter operations, logistics, notifications, bookings and future planning.
Minimum Education and Experience
• Minimum Grade 12 diploma
• Highly motivated self-starter capable of working in a team environment
• Able to delegate and confidently develop and execute operational plans with minimal supervision
• Prior success building relationships with internal and external customers an asset
• Minimum two (2) years of experience in the airline industry
• Previous customer service experience
• Must be able to qualify for a WAA RAIC
• Previous aviation operation experience is considered an asset
• Proficient in developing, planning, implementing targets, goals and delivering as promised
• Transport Canada FD-Ops and FD-Met exams required
• Dispatch and Flight Line experience an asset
• Full time
• Shift work is required: applicants must be available to work mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends on a rotational basis
• Will be required to answer after-hour phone calls
• Manual Dexterity required to use desktop computer peripherals
• Be able to work outside of public transit hours
• Physical location of position only accessible via flight of stairs
How to Apply
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to: HRAdvisor@Perimeter.ca