Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Rilpa Enterprises is a leading helicopter parts, maintenance and leasing company in the aviation industry. The company is a family business that has been operating for almost 50 years.
General Description of Position
This position is responsible for the operation and management of an aviation maintenance shop that performs component repair and maintenance for multiple stakeholders both internally and externally. The successful candidate will possess mechanical and technical knowledge as well as customer service experience. This role is a shop-based position that will require extended work hours.
This position is currently held by a long-term employee who would be moving into an alternate position within the company.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Develop, implement, maintain and oversee administration of workforce planning, workflow and process management to ensure overhaul, repairs and fleet maintenance operations are performing at optimal levels
• Ensure all safety policies and programs are adhered to
• Act as primary interface to customers for technical or repair related inquiries
• Manage shop maintenance activities to ensure work quality standards are met
• Ensure completion and accuracy of shop paperwork
• Assist in recruiting, interviewing and hiring process
• Communicate performance expectations and company initiatives on a regular basis to employees
• Assist in the development and delivery of performance reviews and provide overall ongoing feedback to improve employee morale and performance
• Develop and mentor shop employees
• Hands-on work required with overhauls and repairs when operational needs dictate
• Manage and diffuse customer complaints by developing, implementing and communicating plan of action to correct issues
• Provide input and direction for inventory management and vendor relations
Other Duties as Assigned
• Other duties could include working in other areas of the department to provide support during absences or shortage of staff in other areas of the organization
• Supervisor/management experience
• Must pass background check and pre-employment drug test
• Must have valid Driver’s License
• Ability to obtain airside security clearance if required
• Valid and unrestricted Class 5 Driver’s License
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
• High School Diploma
Technical knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Possess a valid AME license
• Requires type endorsement on some or all of the following: Bell 206 series, Bell Mediums, Airbus AS350s and MD500s
• Requires experience with overhaul/repair of Bell components, MD components, and A-Star components
• Experience and knowledge of light fixed wing aircraft considered an asset
• Advanced knowledge of aviation parts certification/traceability
• Computer experience
• Strong communication skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel
• Able to work in a busy environment & meet deadlines
• Possess excellent organization & keen attention to detail
• Work in a team environment.
• Written skills for documentation and letter writing
• Experience with Inventory Software (Quantum Control software package preferred)
Please provide Resume and Cover letter along with salary expectations by responding to this posting or by emailing email@example.com