SGL is looking for an experienced Maintenance Manager to join its Aircraft Maintenance department based at the company's headquarters in Ottawa. The position may require occasional field work at locations around the world.
- Oversee the maintenance functions of the company performed in Ottawa. This includes all non-specialized
maintenance as well as specialized maintenance in avionics, composites and sheet metal;
• Equipment training for maintenance personnel in Ottawa.
• Ottawa based personnel scheduling, ensuring the timely completion of all scheduled and unscheduled aircraft maintenance and advising the DOM of any work performed that is considered a major modification or repair as
defined in CAR Std. 571.06.
• Communicating to the DOM any aircraft deficiencies or equipment malfunctions that are reportable service difficulties (SDRs) as defined in
CAR521 Division IX;
• Ensuring the Ottawa based ACAs have current technical information, adequate spares and tooling to perform aircraft maintenance in an
appropriate and timely manner;
• Ensuring the maintenance of all of the AMO’s shop and hangar tools and equipment in Ottawa;
• The completion of component maintenance and ensuring the associated work orders are completed;
• Performing receiving inspections on in-coming supplies or items manufactured by SGL when authorized, including the signing of release tags
or aircraft maintenance releases;
• Ensuring the safe operation of the department and to report any HSE issues to the HSE committee and the DOM in a timely fashion;
• Assist in the auditing of their department and carry out corrective action plans when not in conflict with the performance of maintenance; and
• Assume the responsibilities of the DOM when/if requested.
- hold a valid Transport Canada AME “M” licence;
• Experience on at least one turbine and one piston engine type of aircraft operated by SGL.
• Ability to get a valid airside (RAIC) pass with an airside driver’s permit.
• Training in the safe use of all shop and hangar equipment including the aircraft tug, scissor lift, tank room and the paint booth, and if necessary, training for the use of the forklift.
• Attend any training deemed necessary.
Sander Geophysics is an equal opportunity employer. Please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all applicants for their interest.