This position will be regularly working 40 hours a week. Overtime and rotating on-call weekend work may be required occasionally during peak summer times.
The successful candidate is responsible for maintaining the critical integrity of Wetaskiwin Air Services commercial and vintage aircraft, as well as our clients’ personal aircraft.
Role and Responsibilities
• Daily line maintenance of all company types, trouble shoot & repairs
• Routine maintenance, component replacement
• Scheduled inspections on all aircraft types
• Train & mentor AMEs in training
• Complete all required documentation
• Other duties as assigned
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
• Graduate of Transport Canada approved Aircraft Maintenance Technology Program
• Transport Canada AME M1 or M2 license
• Familiar with general aviation type aircraft including, but not limited to: PA-30/24, PA-60, PA-28, PA-18, Bellanca model 17, Champion 7 series, Cessna 150 to 185 models, WACO UPF series
• A valid Canadian AME license, Rated M1 is a requirement, M2 is an asset
• Have a thorough understanding of the CARs
• Experience with metal and fabric structures is an asset
• Must have strong mechanical aptitude & excellent troubleshooting skills
• A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
• Strong computer skills
• Must be able to work with minimum supervision both alone or as part of a team
• Strong interpersonal and team work skills
• Excellent communication and leadership skills
• Safety Oriented
• Take pride in performing maintenance to a high standard
• Have effective time management skills
• A positive attitude and a desire to succeed
• Ability to pass a drug and alcohol test pre-employment and be in compliance with our drug and alcohol program
Why Wetaskiwin Air Services?
• Working on a fantastic team in a growing organization
• Opportunity to work on diverse and unique vintage aircraft
• Competitive wage
• Life Insurance
• Extended Health & Dental Care
• On-Site Parking
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity and possess the required qualifications, please send copy of your cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate all interested applications; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.