Licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineer – DH8
Shift: 8 on, 6 off, Fri – Sun 7:00 am to 5:30 pm; Mon – Fri 4:30 pm to 3:00 am
Sunwest Aviation has an opportunity available for a licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineer for the Dash 8 crew.
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications and competencies. In addition, personality profiling will be required of all candidates granted an interview for this position.
• Minimum 2 years training from Transport Canada approved Aircraft Maintenance Technology Program
• DH8 endorsement is required.
• Transport Canada AME M2 License is required (M1 licence is considered an asset)
• Ability to refer to and follow technical manuals, written in terse abbreviated language
• Must be able to read and interpret technical drawings and blueprints
• Diagnostic skills requiring sound knowledge of aircraft systems, aerodynamics, aircraft structures, and basic applied mechanics
• Have a good understanding of CAR’s
• Good literacy and numerical skills
• Problem solving skills are critical in handling challenging and complex aircraft system snags
• Good communication skills required, both verbal and written
All interested individuals are invited to submit an updated resume to www.sunwestaviation.ca. Sunwest Aviation is committed to employment equity and will consider the qualifications, education, knowledge and experience of all candidates. We encourage all candidates to apply and the most qualified candidate will be offered the position.