JOB TITLE: Design Engineer
COMPANY: Coulson Ice Blast Ltd.
REPORTS TO: Vice-President, Coulson Ice Blast Ltd. – Port Alberni BC
I am building a fleet of first-rate Design Engineers.
Be a part of something different, something that is making a real impact and transforming the world of industrial cleaning. We are an environmentally conscientious, passionate, and dedicated team, committed to sharing this technology globally.
Coulson Ice Blasting Technologies is a dynamic and fast-growing company that is creating revolutionary new types of industrial cleaning technology that has applications in many industries. In fact, Coulson Ice Blast has recently received many awards recognizing our ground-breaking innovations.
Coulson Ice Blasting Technologies is a subsidiary of my family owned and operated group of companies, Coulson Group. www.coulsongroup.com
If you want to be an integral part of a high-profile company that is just beginning to disrupt an entire industry; that values its employees; that has a strong historical foundation on which to continue growing and evolving; that looks to the future and how to be an influential part of that, this is the company for you.
Regards, Foster Coulson
MORE ABOUT THE COULSON GROUP OF COMPANIES:
Family owned and operated since 1960, the Coulson Group of Companies began with Forestry in British Columbia. During the 1990s, Coulson expanded into Aviation and, led by a pioneering management team, we have become one of the foremost Aviation Fire Fighting Companies in the world. We operate in the USA and Australia, and we expect to expand to other countries around the world.
This position is based in Port Alberni BC.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- are detail-oriented, innovative, creative, and thrive on testing designs to identify flaws and find solutions
- work well in a team and are able to meet tight deadlines
- communicate well with your colleagues
- value giving feedback and receiving it
- collaborate with your team to harness everyone’s unique skill set to generate and create the best designs
- are not afraid to explore untested, unconventional ideas to find a solution
- Design through SolidWorks.
- Support product engineering activities.
- Participate in product testing, performance evaluation, and certification activities.
- Ensure department achieves objectives and completes project within budget and time frame.
- Ensure product is designed for specific needs, but with wider applications in mind.
- Direct team members to obtain necessary resources to meet scheduled commitments.
- Ensure implementation and refinement as required by formal process to support the product development, testing, and certification processes.
Education & Experience:
- Mechanical Engineer (or equivalent) with minimum 4 -10 years’ experience in engineering, and in product development and testing.
- Experience working in start-up environment with a fast-paced team.
- A master at SolidWorks design.
- Demonstrated team building, relationship building, and leadership skills
- “Out of the box thinker” – must be key driver contributing to the products path and willing to take innovative product risks
- Competent using mechanical hardware
- Professional and positive in all areas
- Team player
- Take initiative
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume with a cover letter outlining your experience and salary expectations to email@example.com.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In addition to a competitive salary, Coulson provides excellent benefits as part of its Total Compensation Package. These include medical and dental benefits, pension, and the possibility for bonuses. Moreover, Coulson Group values and strongly encourages its employees to maintain a positive Work-Life Balance, creating an environment that champions creativity and autonomy.
We are proud of our team and encourage a respectful workplace where everyone is treated with dignity and all ideas are welcome. Moreover, we support growth within the company and provide opportunities for advancement.
We support diversity, equity, and a workplace that is free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any element of the competition process, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Port Alberni is a jewel nestled in the Alberni Valley, offering many outdoor activities during your down time, including water sports, camping, hiking, snowshoeing, and others. With lakes, the Inlet, and mountains all around, you will never run out of things to do here. There is a movie theatre that is currently undergoing renovations, and many shops owned and operated by local residents. You will also find some of the most delicious seafood right here in town at one of our many local restaurants.
If you’re looking for a quick weekend getaway, Tofino and Ucluelet are a mere two-hour drive West of town. If you’re not looking for waves, Nanaimo is only an hour East, while Victoria is less than three hours South. Both offer big city shopping opportunities in addition to a wide variety of arts, entertainment, dining, and cultural activities. The Comox Valley is also less than two hours Northeast of the Valley, offering mountain biking, skiing, caving, and other outdoor activities. And let’s not forget those adorable goats on the roof at Coombs!
Centrally located, Port Alberni offers you the benefits of a small town – affordable real estate, anyone? – with the ability to play outside and experience big city life nearby.