JOB TITLE: Aerospace Design Engineer
COMPANY: Coulson Aviation
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Coulson Aviation
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
At Coulson, we know that our employees are our strongest asset. Guided by a successful past and a long-term innovative vision for growth, our future success will be driven by our people and our strategic approach to our work.
Aircraft fire fighting and developing new industrial technologies are much more than pieces of metal and components; we at Coulson are determined to make a difference saving lives and homes. In addition, we strive to improve the environment we share globally.
Family owned and operated since 1960, the Coulson Group of Companies began with Forestry in British Columbia. During the 1990s, Coulson expanded into Aviation and, led by a pioneering management team, we have become one of the foremost Aviation Fire Fighting Companies in the world. We operate in the USA and Australia, and we expect to expand to other countries around the world.
In addition to Aviation, Coulson has pursued other endeavours, the most recent of which has been Coulson Ice Blast, an industrial cleaning technology that has applications in many industries. In fact, Coulson was recently recognized with awards for our ground-breaking technology.
This position is based in Port Alberni BC.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Due to our rapid business growth, we are looking for experienced Aerospace Design Engineers to join our team.
• Design cutting edge aerospace structural/mechanical installations, modifications, and repairs using CATIA V5.
• Provide ongoing support of existing designs / products as well as new designs / products.
• Develop design documents for demonstrating airworthiness compliance to the appropriate aerospace regulations.
• Prepare engineering reports and data packages for design approval and certification.
• Liaise with OEMs, Transport Canada, and other regulatory approval authorities for design approval.
• Carry out other duties as assigned.
• Aerospace (or Mechanical) Engineering Degree from a recognized post-secondary institution.
• A minimum of three (3) years of aerospace design work experience.
• A minimum of three (3) years of CATIA V5 experience.
• Previous Transport Canada or other regulatory approval authority delegation would be considered an asset.
• CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) modeling experience would also be considered an asset.
• Thorough knowledge of aerospace materials and processes.
• Ability to read, understand, and interpret blueprints.
• Strong organizational, analytical, leadership, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills.
• Strong project management skills.
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
• Working knowledge of PCs including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project).
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume with a cover letter outlining your experience and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote “2019-016 – Aerospace Design Engineer” in the subject line.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In addition to a competitive salary, Coulson provides excellent benefits as part of its Total Compensation Package. These include medical and dental benefits, pension, and the possibility for bonuses. Moreover, Coulson Group values and strongly encourages its employees to maintain a positive Work-Life Balance, creating an environment that champions creativity and autonomy.
We are proud of our team and encourage a respectful workplace where everyone is treated with dignity and all ideas are welcome. Moreover, we support growth within the company and provide opportunities for advancement.
We support diversity, equity and a workplace that is free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any element of the competition process, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs
Port Alberni is a jewel nestled in the Alberni Valley, offering many outdoor activities during your down time, including water sports, camping, hiking, snowshoeing, and others. With lakes, the Inlet, and mountains all around, you will never run out of things to do here. There is a movie theatre that is currently undergoing renovations, and many shops owned and operated by local residents. You will also find some of the most delicious seafood right here in town at one of our many local restaurants.
If you’re looking for a quick weekend getaway, Tofino and Ucluelet are a mere two-hour drive West of town. Or, if you’re not looking for waves, Nanaimo is only an hour East, while Victoria is less than three hours South. Both offer big city shopping opportunities in addition to a wide variety of arts, entertainment, dining, and cultural activities. The Comox Valley is also less than two hours Northeast of the Valley, offering mountain biking, skiing, caving, and other outdoor activities. And let’s not forget those adorable goats on the roof at Coombs!
Centrally located, Port Alberni offers you the benefits of a small town – affordable real estate, anyone? – with the ability to play outside and experience big city life nearby.