COMPANY: Coulson Aviation USA
REPORTS TO: Fleet Manager
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
At Coulson, we know that our employees are our strongest asset. Guided by a successful past and a long-term innovative vision for growth, our future success will be driven by our people and our strategic approach to our work.
Aircraft fire fighting and developing new industrial technologies are much more than pieces of metal and components; we at Coulson are determined to make a difference saving lives and homes. In addition, we strive to improve the environment we share globally.
Family owned and operated since 1960, the Coulson Group of Companies began with Forestry in British Columbia. During the 1990s, Coulson expanded into Aviation and, led by a pioneering management team, we have become one of the foremost Aviation Fire Fighting Companies in the world. We operate in the USA and Australia, and we expect to expand to other countries around the world.
In addition to Aviation, Coulson has pursued other endeavors, the most recent of which has been Coulson Ice Blast, an industrial cleaning technology that has applications in many industries. In fact, Coulson was recently recognized with awards for our ground-breaking technology.
Candidates must reside in the Los Angeles County area.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Coulson Aviation USA (CAUSA) needs full-time Fuel Truck Driver(s) who have the appropriate driver’s licence endorsement to drive a heavy vehicle and dispense petroleum products.
Your key responsibility is to transport and deliver petroleum products to support CAUSA helicopter firefighting operations both at daytime and nighttime by applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and adherence to handling of dangerous goods, specifically petroleum products.
You will demonstrate professionalism and apply your knowledge of commercial driving and skills in manoeuvring the CAUSA Fuel Truck at varying speeds in difficult situations, such as heavy traffic and inclement weather, and in or out of tight spaces.
You will be responsible for the safe transportation of yourself and, if required, the employees of Orange County Fire Authority (OCFA), employees of CAUSA, and other public road users.
You will remain in constant contact with the:
• Pilot in Command (PIC/s)OCFO 61 and OCFO 76
• Maintenance Crew Chief (MX-Chief) OCFO 61 and OCFO 76 and
• CAUSA Fleet Manger
You are to maintain the presentation of the CASUA Refuelling Truck both externally and internally to the highest standards, ensuring a high level of cleanliness, presentation, and hygiene that represents the Coulson Brand in a positive and professional manner.
You will work either day shift or night shift, which may change from time to time to include early mornings or late nights, including weekends and public holidays.
The work may be stressful at times, as you may have to deal with nighttime operations, and driving during peak hour traffic and adverse weather conditions.
You may work alone at times as a driver, but if operating on a fire dispatch, you may work alongside OCFA employees.
You will frequently work in outside weather conditions and from time to time, you will be exposed to a range of weather conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration.
You will be exposed to moderate to loud noise levels when in the field.
You will have frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts and you will work from high and precarious places.
You will constantly use your hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls, and you will frequently reach with your hands and arms.
You will occasionally be required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and walk and you will occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
You will be required to wear CAUSA clothing in this role.
• Drive the Fuel truck to deliver petroleum products to support CAUSA helicopter firefighting operations.
• Abide by all local, state, and federal traffic laws, rules, and regulations.
• Maintain, as nearly as possible, an assigned schedule on a specific route when dispatched to fires.
• Consult with the PICs, MX-Chiefs, and CAUSA Fleet Manager regarding suggested changes to route, schedules, and policies.
• Promptly report any delays due to break downs, weather or traffic conditions or other emergencies, or in the event of irregularities relating to either pick up or delivery to the PICs, MX-Chiefs, and the CAUSA Fleet Manger.
• Provide highest level of support during delivery operations.
• Read gauges or meters and record quantity loaded, and record amount delivered and issued to CAUSA helicopters.
• Inspect truck for defects and safe operating condition before, during and after trips, and submit a written report on the condition of the truck at the end of each trip or tour of duty to the CAUSA Fleet Manger.
• Report all mechanical disorders to the PICs, MX-Chiefs, and the CAUSA Fleet Manger.
• Report all accidents involving driver or company equipment to the PICs, MX-Chiefs, and the CAUSA Fleet Manger.
• Clean and maintain Fuel Truck daily to the required standards.
• Maintain records required for compliance with state and federal regulations including driver’s record of duty status, mileage records, and other records required by law.
• Perform all duties in accordance with CAUSA policies and procedures, and comply with all federal, state, and local regulations for the safe operation of a heavy vehicle.
• Perform required before-, during- and after-operation “user maintenance”, and complete required reports.
• Maintain all required certifications required by DOT and CAUSA safety programs.
• Understand the principles, practices, tools, and materials of the Mechanics trade.
• Knowledge of the principles and mechanics of internal combustion engines.
• Knowledge of the parts and supplies needed to perform a variety of maintenance and repairs on vehicles and equipment.
• Skill in diagnosing, maintaining, and repairing the CAUSA Fuel Truck and other support vehicles and equipment.
• Able to assist in setting up a variety of technical equipment.
• Skill in the safe and proper use of a variety of hand and power tools.
• Assist in maintaining and repairing a variety of CASUA owned vehicles including the Fuel Truck, vans, passenger cars, and maintenance trucks and trailers.
• Performs schedule preventative maintenance and safety checks the CAUSA Fuel Truck.
• Record all work performed on appropriate repair work order.
• Maintain records of all performed work.
• Requisition parts and supplies for fleet from CAUSA Fleet Manger.
• Read and review service manuals and other reference materials.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Be courteous at all times with employees of OCFA, CAUSA, invited guests, and the general public.
• Demonstrate strong work ethic and professionalism expected of all CAUSA employees.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the PICs, MX-Chiefs, and the CAUSA Fleet Manger.
• Review the CAUSA Employee Handbook, and complete safety training through the CAUSA Safety Management System.
• If you are a non-certified hourly employees, you must clock in/out daily to accurately record time worked.
• Meet/maintain a good healthy and physical status.
• Clean trucks, facility, and Fuel Trucks as needed to maintain the professional appearance expected at Coulson.
• Ensure and maintain safe working environment according to safety policies and procedures.
• Monitor work and use all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while working.
• Current valid Driver License
• Certified in the Transportation of Dangerous Goods
• At least two years’ experience driving a Fuel Truck, or formal training, or a combination of relevant education and experience
• A good sense of direction
• The ability to work with people from a variety of backgrounds
• A friendly, courteous, and professional manner
• Excellent driving skills and strong defensive driving techniques
• Good communication and people skills
• Responsible and honest
• Clean Driver’s Abstract
• Able to understand and follow complex directions and instructions
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and type "2019-029 - Fuel Truck Driver CAUSA" in the Subject line.
We thank everyone for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.