Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: 13-475 Airport Road, Sault Ste. Marie Airport (C-YAM)
Posting Expires: When suitable candidates are selected.
Our continuous growth creates a demand for heavy maintenance lines. We service the Dash 8 Q400, Dash 8 100/300 aircrafts. Along with, the CRJ100/200/700/900. Aircrafts.
You can expect to work in a fast-paced work environment with rotating shifts including afternoons and weekends. You must have excellent communication skills with a team player attitude.
Aircraft Sheet Metal Technicians are accountable for maintaining aircrafts stability by fabricating, assembling, installing and repairing sheet metal structures and equipment. An Aircraft Structures Technician will work with tools, machines, and state-of-the-art equipment, possessing stamina and should have the ability to master new procedures quickly.
• Conduct structural work on aircraft and aircraft components as directed by the Lead Aircraft Maintenance Technician
• Assessing damage and corrosion of aircraft structures
• Repairing, replacing and modifying sheet metal and/or composite structures
• To carry out the structural repairs in accordance with the approved data provided
• Accurately complete all paperwork for assigned tasks and generate reports for defects found during inspections
• Perform independent and critical task checks if trained and authorized to do so
• Fabrication of sheet metal repair pieces and components
• Maintain and store company-provided tools and equipment in safe and proper manner
• Valid Transport Canada Aircraft Maintenance Engineer license type “S”.
• Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
• Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and able to follow directions.
• Must be self-motivated and highly organized.
• Good Understanding of the English Language with the ability to read, understand and follow instructions in aircraft manuals and publications as it relates to aircraft maintenance.
• Must be able to obtain an Airport Restricted Area Pass and AVOPs pass
• Must possess excellent interpersonal and organizational skills is a requirement, able to work with minimal supervision.
• Must have excellent mechanical aptitude and mechanical experience.
• Must have a clean criminal background and able to pass and drug and alcohol test.
• Must be able to legally work in Canada.
Typical benefits include:
• Competitive Salary
• Life Insurance
• Extended Health & Dental Care
• Health & Wellness Benefits
• Paid vacation (2 weeks or 4%; after 5 years, 3 weeks or 6%) in accordance with Federal Government Requirements
• The opportunity to bank overtime up to 1 week addition time off
• Employee/family assistance program
Working hours are mainly 7:00am to 5:30pm and 3:00pm to 1:30am when required, extra hours may be required to complete project deadlines.
JD Aero Aircraft Technician Videos:
http://youthspace.avaerocouncil.ca/vide ... /61?page=1
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this job opportunity and possess the required qualifications, please send a copy of your cover letter and resume with references via email to: email@example.com
We appreciate all interested applications; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please quote the job title you are applying for in the email subject line.
Why JD Aero Technical:
JD Aero Technical was established in 2007 and we are in our twelfth year of operation as the chosen heavy maintenance provider for several of North Americas Q400 operators. We are looking to add to our group of over 120 diversified and experienced employees.
We wish for your commitment and dedication, and in return, you can expect there is the opportunity for continuous learning, training, growth, all while maintaining a healthy work/life balance.