Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: 13-475 Airport Road, Sault Ste. Marie Airport
Posting Expires: When suitable candidates are selected.
Our continuous growth creates a demand for heavy maintenance lines. We service the Dash 8 Q400, Dash 8 100/300 aircrafts. Along with, the CRJ100/200/700/900 aircrafts.
You can expect to work in a fast-paced work environment with rotating shifts including afternoons and weekends. You must have excellent communication skills with a team player attitude.
The position of Composite Technician is accountable to the Production Manager and is required to carry out aircraft maintenance tasks with regards to composite repair under the supervision of an AME or Senior Technician.
Responsibilities and Competencies:
• Clean and carry out preliminary inspection on composite aircraft parts such as flight controls, leading edges, fairings, landing gear doors, interior and exterior access panels and doors, cowlings and interior furnishings.
• Ensure all documentation of work performed is clear, accurate, up to date and signed for on a daily basis
• Perform vacuum bagging, layups and related processes for facilitating composite repairs
• Ability to use a variety of hand tools, grinders, sanders, files, dremels, drills
• Perform repairs with the use of various adhesives and resins.
• Experience with mixing resins and epoxies
• Participate in the safety management system (SMS) and report all hazards or incidents in accordance with company reporting procedures
• Exceptional time management while maintaining consistent punctuality
• Responsibilities will include maintaining the shop floor free from clutter or debris and other duties as directed.
• Follow health and safety regulations and PPE to maintain a safe work environment for self and others
• Accountability and responsibility for actions taken while on the job
• Approach coaching opportunities from team members with an open mind and a willingness to grow and learn from experiences.
• Adapt and embrace company’s core values of accountability, respect, responsibility and teamwork
• Develop an excellent aptitude and positive attitude towards learning while on the job
• High School Diploma
• 1-3 years of composite experience
• Valid Transport Canada AME “S” license an asset
• Certificate in Module 1 – Composite Materials Fabrication & Repair is an asset
• Must have working knowledge of computer software systems including Microsoft Office Suite
• Must possess excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Must have excellent mechanical aptitude and experience
• Valid driver’s license required.
• Must have a clean criminal background and able to pass a drug and alcohol test.
• Must be able to legally work in Canada.
Typical benefits include:
• Competitive Salary
• Life Insurance
• Extended Health & Dental Care
• Health & Wellness Benefits
• Paid vacation (2 weeks or 4%; after 5 years, 3 weeks or 6%)
• Employee/family assistance program
• Paid vacation in accordance with federal government requirements
• The opportunity to bank overtime up to 1 week additional time off
Working hours are mainly 7:00am to 5:30pm and 3:00pm to 1:30am. Extra hours are occassionally required to support operating at critical times, eg. AOGs
JD Aero Aircraft Technician Videos:
http://youthspace.avaerocouncil.ca/vide ... /42?page=1
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this job opportunity and possess the required qualifications, please send a copy of your cover letter and resume with references via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate all interested applications; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please quote the job title you are applying for in the email subject line.
Why JD Aero Technical:
JD Aero Technical was established in 2007 and we are in our twelfth year of operation as the chosen heavy maintenance provider for several of North Americas Q400 operators. We are looking to add to our group of over 120 diversified and experienced employees.
We will for your commitment and dedication, and in return, you can expect there is the opportunity for continuous learning, training, growth, all while maintaining a healthy work/life balance.