We operate in a fast-paced and dynamic environment that requires teamwork and a strong work ethic. We are seeking individuals who have the desire to grow with our company! If you are up for the challenge, then our diverse weather conditions, wide variety of tasks, and team atmosphere will keep your days interesting! We are proud to offer our pilots a healthy work-life balance with most nights at home. What will you do with 16 days off per month, surrounded by the peace and serenity that Thompson, Manitoba has to offer? In the winter, you can take the sled out on a fresh snowfall coating hundreds of kilometers of snowmobile trails in Paint Lake Provincial Park or enjoy the cross-country skiing that Mystery Mountain Winter Park has to offer. In the summertime, the sun doesn't set until after 9 p.m.! Use your extra long days for golfing on the 9-hole golf course, fishing on one of the many pristine lakes, and camping nestled among the spruce trees. Or, go hunting in some of the most scenic parts of Manitoba. If you are looking for an adventure, then this is the place for you! Some of the rewards that Perimeter Aviation has to offer include:
- Competitive compensation with per diems
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, short/long term disability, life insurance, massage, etc.
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Family Travel Benefits - You and your family can travel locally, nationally, and even internationally at significantly reduced rates!
- Uniform Allowance
- Discounted Canada Goose Clothing
- Jump Seat Agreement
Perimeter Aviation and Bearskin Airlines were independently founded by Bill J. Wehrle and John Hegland in the 1960s. Both airlines were acquired by Exchange Income Corporation (TSX:EIF) in 2004 and 2011 respectively. During 2018, Perimeter Aviation and Bearskin Airlines joined forces to strengthen and enhance our combined company, bringing our employee complement to 800 people. Perimeter Aviation continues to operate the Bearskin Airlines brand of service, delivering scheduled passenger and cargo services across Northern Manitoba and Northern Ontario. We also provide Aeromed air ambulance services throughout Northern Manitoba and custom chartered flights to any destination in North America.
Perimeter pilots transport thousands of passengers each year. Whether a First Officer or a Captain, you’re number one priority is to conduct each flight safely, taking into consideration the comfort of each passenger and on-time performance. The industry regulations change continually and pilots must keep current on all literature. Further, pilots are expected to achieve an intimate mechanical knowledge of the aircraft they fly. All pilots are Transport Canada approved individuals who have met and exceeded the qualification standards for their position.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
This position is responsible and accountable for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Check weather, all applicable NOTAMs where available, determining fuel and oil requirements
- Calculating the aircraft weight and balance
- Review, amend, and accept the Operational Flight Plan (Type B 705 operation)
- Complete pre-flight inspection before each departure
- Load and secure cargo/freight
- Complete flight watch jointly with the flight dispatcher (Type B 705 operation)
- Complete all post flight duties, including notification/confirmation to the Company of the whereabouts of the aircraft when away from base, recording flight times and any defects
- Conduct flight in strict adherence with the Canadian Aviation Regulations, the Aircraft Flight Manual, and the Company Operations Manual.
- Actively support the safety management system by following SMS processes and encouraging a safety reporting culture in your department
- Promote occupational health and safety within your department, and participate in the development and monitoring of safety training
- Proactively communicate hazards and SMS initiatives within your department
- Minimum Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Ability to qualify for a WAA (Winnipeg Airport Authority) RAIC security clearance
- ATPL license for 705 operations
- Category 1 Medical
- Current Group 1 Instrument Rating
- DH-8/ATR/705 experience (500 hours desired)
- Aboriginal Awareness and/or Cultural Diversity training
- University/College experience an asset
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, up to 14 hour days
- Must be willing to work weekends and statutory holidays
- Travel required
- Able to lift up to 100 pounds
- Subject to a 24-month training bond
Decision Making and the Freedom to Act
- The First Officer while on-board the aircraft is responsible to the Captain for the duration of the flight. Pilots are to report to their respective Chief Pilot at all other times. While on the aircraft, a pilot must be able to work as a team with their cohort and be able to make decisions within their defined job scope as they are working unsupervised.
How to Apply
Perimeter Aviation's hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. Perimeter Aviation LP does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com