COMPANY: Coulson Aircrane Ltd.
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Coulson Aviation
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
At Coulson, we know that our employees are our strongest asset. Guided by a successful past and a long-term innovative vision for growth, our future success will be driven by our people and our strategic approach to our work.
Aircraft fire fighting and developing new industrial technologies are much more than pieces of metal and components; we at Coulson are determined to make a difference saving lives and homes. In addition, we strive to improve the environment we share globally.
Family owned and operated since 1960, the Coulson Group of Companies began with Forestry in British Columbia. During the 1990s, Coulson expanded into Aviation and, led by a pioneering management team, we have become one of the foremost Aviation Fire Fighting Companies in the world. We operate in the USA and Australia, and we expect to expand to other countries around the world.
In addition to Aviation, Coulson has pursued other endeavours, the most recent of which has been Coulson Ice Blast, an industrial cleaning technology that has applications in many industries. In fact, Coulson was recently recognized with awards for our ground-breaking technology.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
At least one Aircraft Structures Technician with sheet metal technical training to join our rapidly expanding company.
• Ensure all manufacturing processes are carried out to the highest quality level
• Coordinate with supervisor on all production requirements for the manufacturing work assigned
• Ensure assigned technical information is current
• Ensure procedures are current and approved
• Maintain all production equipment to ensure proper operation and equipment can meet operational requirements
• Carry out all duties in an accurate and timely manner
• Ensure all tools and equipment meet calibration and storage requirements, and that they are in good working order
• Receive all aeronautical products with appropriate traceability certification information.
• Short-term expectations include:
o Daily check in with the manufacturing manager and production supervisor to identify each day’s tasks;
o Some overtime and weekend work required to meet deadlines.
• Daily expectations include being professional and respectful in the workplace; working hard to meet deadlines and quality expectations; maintaining focus and motivation on each task.
• Weekly expectations include maintaining a clean work environment and completing each week’s tasks.
• Monthly expectations include completing all assigned tasks with the flexibility to work as operational requirements necessitate.
• Minimum two (2) years’ experience in avionics and related electrical systems maintenance and installation.
• Previous avionics and electrical systems experience on Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Bombardier, Sikorsky aircraft products preferred.
• Thorough understanding of all technical documents such as, technical bulletins, alert service bulletins, etc.
• Understanding of Canadian Aviation Regulations and US Aviation Regulations.
• Hands-on electrical experience.
• Able to work independently and in a team environment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume with a cover letter outlining your experience and salary expectations to email@example.com. Please quote “2019-028 – Aircraft Structures Technician” in the subject line.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In addition to a competitive salary, Coulson provides excellent benefits as part of its Total Compensation Package. These include medical and dental benefits, pension, and the possibility for bonuses. Moreover, Coulson Group values and strongly encourages its employees to maintain a positive Work-Life Balance, creating an environment that champions creativity and autonomy.
We are proud of our team and encourage a respectful workplace where everyone is treated with dignity and all ideas are welcome. Moreover, we support growth within the company and provide opportunities for advancement.
We support diversity, equity and a workplace that is free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any element of the competition process, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs
Port Alberni is a jewel nestled in the Alberni Valley, offering many outdoor activities during your down time, including water sports, camping, hiking, snowshoeing, and others. With lakes, the Inlet, and mountains all around, you will never run out of things to do here. There is a movie theatre that is currently undergoing renovations, and many shops owned and operated by local residents. You will also find some of the most delicious seafood right here in town at one of our many local restaurants.
If you’re looking for a quick weekend getaway, Tofino and Ucluelet are a mere two-hour drive West of town. Or, if you’re not looking for waves, Nanaimo is only an hour East, while Victoria is less than three hours South. Both offer big city shopping opportunities in addition to a wide variety of arts, entertainment, dining, and cultural activities. The Comox Valley is also less than two hours Northeast of the Valley, offering mountain biking, skiing, caving, and other outdoor activities. And let’s not forget those adorable goats on the roof at Coombs!
Centrally located, Port Alberni offers you the benefits of a small town – affordable real estate, anyone? – with the ability to play outside and experience big city life nearby.