Reference # OA19-1549
Ornge is a modern, vital, evolving organization that is dedicated to providing the highest quality transport medicine services to the province of Ontario. From air transport to the critical care land transport program, we provide a range of services to patients and hospitals across the province. We are looking for individuals who are dedicated and energetic and who are looking for a career with a dynamic, patient-focused organization. Ornge is committed to creating and promoting diversity, accessibility and inclusion in the workplace.
In Northern Ontario, Ornge Global Air has bases in Thunder Bay, Sioux Lookout and Timmins.
POSITIONS AVAILABLE: PC12 EMS CAPTAINS
POSITION STATUS: PERMANENT FULL-TIME
LOCATION: ALL BASES
REPORTING TO: CHIEF PILOT
COMPENSATION: SALARY STARTING AT $88,521.04
BENEFITS: - Comprehensive group benefits package
- One of Ontario’s strongest Defined Contribution Pension Plan with employer
matching contribution of 126%
- Uniform provided
- Retention bonus
**Please visit our Fly With Us website for more information: www.ornge.ca/flywithus
Fixed Wing Pilots at Ornge are responsible for all aspects of aircraft operation of the Pilatus PC12 aircraft as well as the safety of the crew and all persons on board the aircraft. Fixed Wing Pilots must be able to fly in varying conditions, handle pressure well and be flexible and adaptable. Ornge aircraft are province wide resources and aviation personnel may be required to provide flight support at bases other than the home base where demand arises. All Ornge pilots are required to complete the company’s training program and have successfully passed a PPC/IFT check conducted by a Transport Canada Inspector or Approved Check Pilot. They are responsible for following all applicable policies and procedures and carrying out duties as assigned.
- Valid Canadian ATPL
- 2000 hours Total Time
- 500 hours Pilot in Command
- Current IFR (minimum Category 3)
- Valid Class 1 Medical
- Prior PC12 and EMS experience is desirable
- Valid Canadian passport or ability to work in Canada and ability to travel to the U.S.A.
- A criminal record search is a requirement for this position
- Immunization records with required vaccinations is a requirement for this position.
- Pilots are required to work various shifts and overtime, including day and night shifts and weekends in a 24/7 environment, including days, afternoons and nights on weekdays, weekends, and statutory holidays;
- During the course of their shift duties, pilots may be required to overnight away from their home base;
- Successful candidates must live or be willing to relocate to within close proximity of the assigned base location, and reside or have a location that permits compliance with the CARs rest requirements between shifts, and allows for arrival at their assigned base within 1.0 hour of callout when on an on-call shift; and
- Employees may be required to use respiratory protective equipment. They shall co-operate in attaining an effective fit of the equipment and in particular, be clean shaven to ensure an effective facial seal to provide for the health and safety of all employees.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply on-line at www.ornge.ca/careers before September 30, 2019. If you require a disability accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us and provide your contact information. A Human Resources Officer will contact you within 48 hours. Ornge is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Human Rights Code.
We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.