Location: 13-475 Airport Road, Sault Ste. Marie Airport (C-YAM)
Posting Expires: When suitable candidates are selected.
Our continuous growth creates a demand for heavy maintenance lines. We service the Dash 8 Q400, Dash 8 100/300 aircrafts. Along with, the CRJ100/200/700/900 aircrafts.
You can expect to work in a fast-paced work environment with rotating shifts including afternoons and weekends. You must have excellent communication skills with a team player attitude.
As an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Apprentice, under the supervision of the Production Manager, you will carry out elementary maintenance tasks while actively pursuing a licence for aircraft maintenance to become an AME.
Responsibilities and Competencies:
• Perform all maintenance activities in accordance with the applicable Standards of Airworthiness and in accordance with the manufacturer’s manuals
• Request parts and materials using the manufacturer’s manuals
• Ensure all documentation of work performed is clear, accurate, up-to-date and signed for on a daily basis
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures
• Participate in company SMS and report all hazards or incidents in accordance with company reporting procedures
• Ensure a clean work area exercise FOD vigilance
• Conduct maintenance on aircraft and aircraft components as directed by the Aircraft Maintenance Lead
• Accurately complete all paperwork for assigned tasks and generate reports for defects found during inspections
• Perform independent and critical task checks if trained and authorized to do so
• Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of aircraft interior and exterior
• Maintain and store company-provided tools and equipment in safe and proper manner
• Graduate from accredited collage with a diploma in aircraft maintenance.
• Working towards becoming a licenced AME
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills in a requirement, able to work with minimal supervision
• Must have mechanical aptitude and mechanical experience
• Must have clean criminal background
• Must be able to legally work in Canada
Typical benefits include:
• Competitive Salary
• Life Insurance
• Extended Health & Dental Care
• Health & Wellness Benefits
• Paid vacation (2 weeks or 4% of wages; after 5 years, 3 weeks or 6% of wages) in accordance with Federal government Requirements
• The opportunity to bank overtime up to 1 week additional time off
• Employee/family assistance program
• Uniforms provided
Working hours are mainly 7:00am to 5:30pm and 3:00pm to 1:30am when required, extra hours may be required to complete project deadlines.
JD Aero Aircraft Technician Videos:
http://youthspace.avaerocouncil.ca/vide ... /42?page=1
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this job opportunity and possess the required qualifications, please send a copy of your cover letter and resume with references via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate all interested applications; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please quote the job title you are applying for in the email subject line.
Why JD Aero Technical:
JD Aero Technical was established in 2007 and we are in our twelfth year of operation as the chosen heavy maintenance provider for several of North Americas Q400 operators. We are looking to add to our group of over 120 diversified and experienced employees.
We hope for your commitment and dedication, and in return, you can expect there is the opportunity for continuous learning, training, growth, all while maintaining a healthy work/life balance.