We operate in a fast-paced and dynamic environment that requires teamwork and a strong work ethic. We are seeking individuals who have the desire to grow with our company! If you are up for the challenge, then our diverse weather conditions, wide variety of tasks, and team atmosphere will keep your days interesting! Some of the rewards that Perimeter Aviation have to offer include:
- Competitive compensation with per diems
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, short/long term disability, life insurance, massage, etc.
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Family Travel Benefits - You and your family can travel locally, nationally, and even internationally at significantly reduced rates!
- Uniform Allowance
Perimeter Aviation and Bearskin Airlines were independently founded by Bill J. Wehrle and John Hegland in the 1960s. Both airlines were acquired by Exchange Income Corporation (TSX:EIF) in 2004 and 2011 respectively. During 2018, Perimeter Aviation and Bearskin Airlines joined forces to strengthen and enhance our combined company, bringing our employee complement to 800 people. Perimeter Aviation continues to operate the Bearskin Airlines brand of service, delivering scheduled passenger and cargo services across Northern Manitoba and Northern Ontario. We also provide Aeromed air ambulance services throughout Northern Manitoba and custom chartered flights to any destination in North America. Perimeter operates Metroliner and Dash 8 aircraft from bases in Winnipeg, Thompson and Sioux Lookout.
Perimeter pilots transport thousands of passengers each year. Whether a First Officer or a Captain you’re number one priority is to conduct each flight safely taking into consideration the comfort of each passenger and on-time performance. The industry regulations change continually and pilots must keep current on all literature. Further, pilots are expected to achieve an intimate mechanical knowledge of the aircraft they fly. All pilots are Transport Canada approved individuals who have met and exceeded the qualification standards for their position.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
• Must have a positive attitude and work well unsupervised
• Be able to handle stressful situations in a calm and effective manner
• Have a team player attitude
• Be conscientious and confident
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
•Checking weather, all applicable NOTAMs where available, determining fuel and oil requirements
•Calculating the aeroplane weight and balance
•Reviewing, amending and accepting the Operational Flight Plan (Type B 705 operation)
•Completing an aeroplane pre-flight inspection before each departure
•Loading and securing of cargo/freight
•Completing flight watch jointly with the flight dispatcher (Type B 705 operation)
•Completing all post flight duties, including notification/confirmation to the Company of the whereabouts of the aeroplane when away from base, recording flight times and any defects
•Conduct flights in strict adherence with the Company Aircraft Standard Operating Procedures (when applicable)
•Conduct flights in accordance with Canadian Aviation Regulations, the Aircraft Flight Manual, and the Company Operations Manual.
Minimum Required Education and Experience
• Minimum Grade 12 diploma or equivalent required
• Minimum 1500 hours TT
• Commercial Pilot License (ATPL required 705)
• Category 1 Medical
• Current Group 1 Instrument Rating
• Legally entitled to work in Canada
• University/College experience an asset
• Must be fluent in English, additional language is an asset
• Ability to qualify for a WAA (Winnipeg Airport Authority) RAIC security clearance
• Thorough knowledge of aviation regulations required
• Aboriginal Awareness and/or Cultural Diversity training desired
• Must be willing to work flexible hours, up to 14 hour days
• Must be willing to work weekends and statutory holidays
• Travel required
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.