The Aviation Safety Specialist reports directly to the Director of Health & Safety.
Key Performance Indicators / Duties & Responsibilities
• Oversee the proactive and reactive hazard management process.
• Conduct root cause analysis when incidents occur or when noncompliance issues arise and determine appropriate sol
• Make recommendations to correct/prevent identified safety issues. Implement suitable corrective/ preventative action.
• Actively monitor corrective/preventative actions to ensure they are effective and that they do not introduce new risks. Follow-up with corrective action as required.
• Research issues for possible solutions or someone else's lesson learned.
• Monitor trends in the SMS program, and in the accident and incident reports; make recommendations on preventative actions to the Director of Health and Safety.
• Review any reoccurring risks and mitigate by implementing action plans to adjust operational risk profile accordingly.
• Collaborate with management on reviewing reported issues and evaluating the corrective action taken. Direct any further action as required.
• Ensure Avmax operations are in accordance with the SMS manual, HSE manual, Security manual, Environmental manual, MPM manual, and applicable federal regulations. Update the SMS manual as required.
• Develop and provide SMS training to employees; conduct training needs analysis.
• Generate SMS-related reports.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Post-secondary education in a relevant field. Pilot, mechanic, or dispatcher certificate with equivalent experience will be considered.
• 8+ years of aviation safety or quality background.
• Experienced user of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Strong knowledge of:
Aviation safety programs and procedures
Safety standards and federal regulations applicable to aircraft maintenance operations
Accident causation and prevention theory
Risk management techniques
• Proven experience working with cross-functional teams in a similar capacity.
• Demonstrated ability to be open-minded and systems thinking; recognizing the components of a system and how they interact and interface.
• Proven technical writing experience.
• Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
Applicants should apply online at: https://avmaxcanada.applicantpro.com/jobs/1246664.html
Avmax Group Inc. is dedicated to, and prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome the diversity of all of our employees. Avmax Group Inc. has specific policies in place to prevent discrimination in our hiring practices on the basis of the protected grounds dictated by Canadian legislation. We therefore encourage applications from qualified Aboriginal Canadians, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and women.
In order to be in compliance with the law, employees must be legally eligible to work in Canada.