LOCATION: WINNIPEG, MB
START DATE: IMMEDIATELY
Applicants are invited to apply for the Maintenance Operations Control Manager position in Winnipeg, MB. The Maintenance Operations Control Manager is responsible for operational forecasting and scheduling within the Maintenance department. This position will build strong, operational cohesiveness and represent the maintenance department within the SOCC environment.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
• Oversee the Line Maintenance-related matters on a system-wide basis
• Monitor and Maintain Technical Dispatch of Fleet
• Coordinate with the maintenance bases to ensure timely rectification of MELs, CDLs, and Deferrals, or other outstanding maintenance discrepancies
• Coordinate with the maintenance bases regarding the implementation of the short-term maintenance forecast
• Liaise with Flight Dispatch, and Duty Manager to provide current and continuous reports of the general mechanical status of the fleet
• To provide direction and support for the entire Maintenance system during IROP situations & daily operations
• Liaison with the Duty Manager during IROP situations & daily operations
• Coordinate with the Director of Maintenance for authorization of Ferry Flights, Weight and Balance Amendments, MEL Extensions, etc.
• Assist in ongoing company projects as required
• Carrying out Quality Assurance functions as directed by the Director of Quality & Safety
• Assisting with and supporting all policies and procedures in regard to the Calm Air SMS Program, as outlined in the company Safety Management Manual, CAV-1001
• Safe working practices
• Other duties as assigned
Safety & Leadership:
Managers, Supervisors and Leads – have been delegated the authority and are responsible to the Department Head to actively identify hazards and deficiencies and report through the SMS (Safety Management System) Program reporting system, communicate with all personnel within their respective department and other departments as required to maintain effective day to day activities, ensure regulatory and company standards are maintained and assist in the development and maintenance of company processes and procedures. (Quality Assurance activities)
• Change management leader – execute change while supporting employees through communication listening and actioning
• Lead and develop all purchasing/stores employees
• Ensure any incidents are reported through the safety management system
• Actively support the safety management system by following SMS processes and encouraging a safety reporting culture in your department.
• Promote occupational health and safety within your department, and participate in the development and monitoring of safety training
• Proactively communicate hazards and SMS initiatives with your department
• Embark on employment equity initiatives; engaging with all employees to promote employment equity and encouraging employees to undertake the self-declaration survey updating as necessary
All levels of the organization share responsibility for human rights within the organization; overseeing and promoting continuous improvement on human rights and employment equity initiatives.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Must posses a valid AME license
• Must pose valid security clearances
• Previous leadership/supervisory experience an asset
• Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent knowledge of Winair is an asset and must be computer literate
• Good interpersonal and practical communication skills required
Calm Air is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage interested applicants to submit a resume in confidence by December 13, 2019, to Brendin Storseth at firstname.lastname@example.org.