Ornge is a modern, vital, evolving organization that is dedicated to providing the highest quality transport medicine services to the province of Ontario. From air transport to the critical care land transport program, we provide a range of services to patients and hospitals across the province. We are looking for individuals who are dedicated and energetic and who are looking for a career with a dynamic, patient-focused organization. Ornge is committed to creating and promoting diversity, accessibility and inclusion in the workplace.
Ornge Air is seeking a Procedures Control Administrator to join our Aviation Department.
POSITION AVAILABLE: PROCEDURES CONTROL ADMINISTRATOR
STATUS: PERMANENT; FULL-TIME; NON-UNION
LOCATION: 5310 Explorer Drive, Mississauga
Reports to: Manager, FLIGHT OPERATIONS
Reporting to the Manager, Flight Operations the successful candidate will be a highly motivated, well organized, and responsible individual with Document Control and Technical writing experience. This position requires a good understanding of aviation documentation flow processes, strong organization and problem solving skills, technical writing skills, a professional attitude, an eye for detail and an excellent work ethic.
- Supporting the Flight and Technical Operations groups with writing, standardizing, processing and administering the document control process.
- Working with the operational departments to create, manage and continually develop/improve the document control program primarily through the use of Q-Pulse and SharePoint.
- Q-Pulse Document Module administration including template creation/editing in Report Designer.
- Prepare manual and document revisions, policy and procedures within the aviation operations discipline to company approved format.
- Implementing the required content changes and ensuring verification of all content changes via the appropriate circulation to document owners prior to end user document distribution.
- System tracking of documentation for compliance.
- Development of process maps to complement procedures.
- Ensure compliance with established procedures, requirement and adequacy of documentation.
- Education and training of document control process.
- Develop procedures within the document lifecycle.
- Prepare detailed reports, charts and diagrams outlining systems capabilities and processes.
- Prepare detailed reports for presentations as required.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, solicited or retained.
- Develop administrative procedures for the workplace.
- The incumbent will review all database information for accuracy, consistency and completeness and assist with identification of data quality issues to ensure quality of reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-Secondary education required, a degree/diploma in aviation or a relate discipline is preferred;
- Minimum five (5) years’ of relevant operational experience in aviation or related industry;
- Experience with Aviation document management and administration;
- Technical writing experience;
- Experience working in Aviation or Corporate library is preferred;
- Experience with systems such as Q-Pulse, Sharepoint are considered assets;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including experience with delivering presentations, preparing correspondence, writing reports, etc.;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to establish and effectively manage numerous priorities and deadlines;
- Proficiency in the utilization of MS Office Suite is required;
- Adaptable, self-motivated and ability to manage deadlines effectively and with minimal supervision;
- Energetic self-starter who thrives in a face-paced environment;
Qualified candidates are invited to apply on-line at www.ornge.ca/careers no later than December 8, 2019. If you require a disability accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us and provide your contact information. A Human Resources representative with contact you within 48 hours. Ornge is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Human Rights Code.
We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.