Reports To: Assistant Chief Pilot
Location: Maniwaki (CYMW) and Val-d'Or (CYVO), Québec
About MAG Aerospace Canada (Formerly Discovery Air Fire Services):
MAG has been active in the Canadian aviation industry since it was founded in 1950 and is a premier supplier of special-mission aircraft. Our company focuses on niche markets within Wildfire Management, Air Charter, Training, and Airborne Imagery. We are a key supplier of Aerial Fire Detection and Airspace Management (Birddog) Services in Ontario, Saskatchewan and Quebec. MAG Aerospace is a global leader in manned and unmanned airborne imagery and surveillance operating on 5 continents and 20 countries worldwide.
Birddog Pilots play an integral role in helping our customers make the world smaller and safer.
As Pilot-in-Command of an Aero Commander 500, you:
• Work closely with an Air Attack Officer to manage the busy airspace over a wildfire
• Help coordinate air tankers, helicopters, and ground crews in support of wildfire suppression efforts
• Work from their assigned bases (along with air tanker packages) during normal conditions but may be deployed across Canada or the United States to support escalated fire activity in other regions.
• Must be bilingual in French and English
• Transport Canada CPL and Multi-Engine Rating (ATPL preferred)
• Valid Group 1 Instrument Rating
• 1,000+ Hours Total Time
• 100+ Hours Multi-Engine PIC
• 50+ Hours on Instrument Time
• Previous Birddog experience or time on AC50 or AC69 an asset
Why join MAG Aerospace Canada?
• Salary up to $10K monthly
• No training bond
• Paid accommodations
• Per diems paid when off base
• Retention bonus at end of contract
• Fixed salary, not affected by periods of low activity
• Group Health Benefits
• Group RRSP with company percentage match starting in 2nd season with company
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter along with your resume to email@example.com.
MAG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. This position requires access to sensitive Law Enforcement information.