We are actively recruiting for a full-time, in-house:
DE, DAR OR DAO MANAGER
As an authorized Design Approval Organization, we are seeking a candidate who is qualified to apply to become our DAO Manager, or a candidate who is currently working toward the qualification. This position is full-time, in house and responsible for interpreting specifications, requirements, company standards and Transport Canada regulations.
• Oversee design changes such as airframe modifications, avionics installations, antenna installations, and various interior modifications
• Prepare all of the necessary documents; such as specifications, drawings, functional tests and reports
• Work in collaboration with internal and external personnel on significant technical matters.
• Perform miscellaneous duties as required
• A degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent experience)
• A working knowledge of Transport Canada regulations
• Experience on Transport Canada CAR 521 design approval projects
• Existing AWM 505 delegation with Transport Canada or strong potential for achieving delegation
• Strong AUTOCAD or SOLIDWORKS design capability
• Experience in aircraft modifications, heavy maintenance and/or completions, required
• Knowledge of aircraft structures and interiors, as well as with aircraft modification / repair
• An extensive expertise in problem solving and have a working knowledge of other disciplines
• The ability to develop technical solutions to complex problems that require the use of ingenuity and creativity
• The ability to interact with other engineers, shop personnel, and others in a collaborative manner
• Must be capable of complete design documentation and assistance in certification efforts, as required
• Experience with the Air Spray line of aircraft (L188 Electra, BAE 146-200, Twin Commander, Air Tractor etc.) is an asset
Air Spray provides excellent wages and benefit packages and exceptional opportunity for advancement.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.