KF Aerospace is proud to deliver innovative aircraft solutions for corporate, commercial and military customers worldwide. Launched 50 years ago out of Canada’s Okanagan Valley, KF has grown to specialize in a wide range of aviation services including maintenance and modifications, air cargo operations, military pilot training and aircraft leasing. With facilities across Canada, KF is home to a 1,000 strong, highly skilled workforce. Our passion for our craft fuels every project we touch.
WE’RE GROWING IN HAMILTON!
Location: YHM 9500 Airport Road, Mount Hope (Hamilton), Ontario Canada L0R 1W0
Ideally situated halfway between Toronto and Niagara Falls, on the shores of Lake Ontario, Hamilton offers a multitude of lifestyle benefits. With a rich history and culture, spectacular nature and distinctive urban feel, Hamilton is the perfect playground for outdoor enthusiasts. You will never be short of things to do with a multitude of hiking trails, breathtaking waterfalls and boating all located within close proximity of the city. In addition to the vast number of outdoor activities, Hamilton also offers a host of award-winning restaurants, shops, museums and concert venues. It’s a destination that unfolds in surprising ways, from its stunning natural beauty to a vibrant culinary scene. However, you spend your time, let your sense of adventure guide you to new and exciting places around this dynamic, authentic destination!
IT’S YOUR CAREER. THE SKY IS THE LIMIT!
We have exciting opportunities for 5 full-time permanent Avionics AME's (NOC Code 2244) in Hamilton, ON. Our Hamilton facility supports B737 NG, and Boeing 737 MAX aircraft.
Aircraft Maintenance Engineers (Avionics) are responsible for performing line and heavy maintenance including the installation, inspection, testing, adjusting, and repair of avionics equipment and associated wiring on aircraft in a safe and efficient manner.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The AME-E is expected to be able to demonstrate his/her capability to understand and perform the following functions under varying levels of supervision:
· Display good working knowledge of aircraft systems
· Autoflight, navigation, communication, instrumentation, electrical/lighting and general systems (hydraulics, pneumatics, flight controls, etc.)
· Complete basic inspection tasks
o Inspection of EWIS in accordance with Service Bulletins, AD’s and Aircraft Manuals.
o Inspection and assessment of Electrical and Electronic Components in accordance with appropriate documents.
o Interpret flight test data in order to diagnose malfunctions and systemic performance problems
· Aircraft modification with minimal assistance
o Installation of aircraft assemblies and systems following documentation such as Service Bulletins, Engineering Orders, STC data packages, Aircraft Maintenance Manuals, Wiring Diagrams, and Standard Wiring Practices Manual
o Perform post modification testing and troubleshooting to ensure modification functions as intended while ensuring no adverse effects to existing aircraft systems
o Assemble prototypes or models of circuits, instruments, and systems so that they can be used for testing
o Carry out EMI/EMC testing in accordance with appropriate documentation such as an STC data package
· Complete general installation, testing, adjustment and repair
o Carry out systems testing in accordance with appropriate documentation such as Aircraft Maintenance Manual, Service bulletins, Engineering Orders
o Source appropriate tooling and test equipment for the job
o Set up and operate ground support and test equipment to perform functional tests of electrical and electronic systems
o Calibrate or adjust electronic equipment or instruments to specification
o Carry out troubleshooting procedures to isolate faults
o Install or replace electronic/electrical equipment, components, fixtures, wiring or systems
o Repair or replace electrical wiring, circuits, fixtures, or equipment
o Test electrical/electronic wiring, equipment, systems or fixtures
o Construct or fabricate electrical parts, fixtures, harnesses or test aids
· Sign off on own work and the work of others where endorsed/qualified
· Safely operate all ground equipment
· Coordinate work with engineers, technicians, and other aircraft maintenance personnel
· Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner
· Take responsibility for quality of own work and fix mistakes where required
· Carry out installations with minimal rework
Documentation & Administration
· Ensures appropriate documentation for his/her own work is completed accurately and on time and submitted to senior AME or Shift Lead for ACA approval as required for ACA approval in areas where they do not have an endorsement/qualification
· Sources required technical information in maintenance manuals in an accurate and timely manner
· Ability to complete M3 processes and procedures correctly
Applying safe work practices in all job duties, including:
· Wearing all appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment)
· Understanding and applying the Risk Management System
· Understanding and applying Health & Safety Policies
· Maintaining good housekeeping and cleanliness standards of your own and adjacent work areas
· Understanding and applying safe handling practices with the aircraft
· Understanding and applying Lock Out/Tag Out procedures
The AME-E uses his/her own technical knowledge and experience to provide training and development to apprentices in the areas of Technical, Safety and Documentation by:
· Communicating required information and testing for understanding
· Being open and available for questions
· Acting as crew resource for company information
· Role modeling professional conduct and positive customer orientation
Certification & Experience
· Transport Canada Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Avionics) License and minimum 2 years experience performing maintenance and/or modifications on commercial aircraft, including large Boeing Aircraft; or
· Equivalent license from foreign country (would be considered unlicensed in Canada) and minimum 5 years of experience performing maintenance and/or modifications on commercial aircraft, including large Boeing Aircraft; or
· Minimum of 7 years’ experience performing maintenance and/or modifications on commercial aircraft, including large Boeing Aircraft.
· Unlicensed mechanics are expected to have the willingness and qualifications to obtain a Transport Canada license within 1 year.
· Positive attitude and strong work ethic
· Willing to take initiative
· Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
· Ability to learn and understand KF organizational systems and work flow
· Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Able to effectively train apprentices
· Ability to accept constructive criticism
· Basic computer skills and familiarity with Intranet
· Willing to pursue additional company training as required
HOURS OF WORK
· Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position
· Flexibility to work any type of shift
LANGUAGE OF WORK
· Work is conducted in English
LAUNCH YOUR CAREER
Transport Canada Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineers(with at least 1 year of experience) earn an hourly wage starting at $29.57 up to $37.37 with room to grow into Senior and Shift Lead roles. There are 12 Licensed AME levels.
Unlicensed experienced Aircraft Maintenance Engineers(with at least 5-7 years of experience) earn an hourly wage between $30.10 and $31.56 based on experience and/or certification obtained outside of Canada. There are 5 Unlicensed AME levels.
KF will support Unlicensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineers to achieve Transport Canada licensing.
Full-Time staff benefits include (but are not limited to):
· Health and Dental
· Short & Long-Term Disability
· Health Spending Account
· Paid vacation and Personal time off
· The opportunity to bank overtime
· Pension matching plan and voluntary RRSP
· Employee & Family Assistance Program
· Free financial advice
· Uniform allowance
· A bonus program based on organizational performance
HOW TO APPLY
Be a part of our craft. Apply for the AME-E position at https://www.kfaero.ca/careers today!
Positions are located in Hamilton, Ontario
9500 Airport Road, Mount Hope (Hamilton), Ontario Canada L0R 1W0
For further inquiries, please contact:
Human Resources Assistant