Based out of Wetaskiwin, Alberta, the successful candidate for this position will be an AME with a minimum of 5-6 years licensed experience working on general aviation aircraft with an M1 license. Experience within an FTU environment, Agricultural Aircraft, PT-6A series and Radial engines would be definite assets.
This position will be regularly working 40 hours a week. Overtime and rotating on-call weekend work may be required.
The successful candidate is responsible for maintaining the critical integrity of Wetaskiwin Air Services fleet of Training and Charter aircraft, as well as Third party Private and Commercial aircraft.
Role and Responsibilities
• Daily line maintenance of all company types, trouble shoot & repairs
• Routine maintenance, component replacement
• Scheduled inspections on all aircraft types
• Complete all required documentation
• Other duties as assigned
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
• Graduate of Transport Canada approved Aircraft Maintenance Technology Program
• Familiar with general aviation type aircraft (M1 category)
• Have an understanding of the CARs
• Must have strong mechanical aptitude & excellent troubleshooting skills
• A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
• Reasonable computer skills
• Must be able to work with minimum supervision both alone or as part of a team
• Strong interpersonal and team work skills
• Have excellent communication and leadership skills
• Safety Oriented
• Take pride in performing maintenance to a high standard
• Have effective time management skills
• A positive attitude and a desire to succeed
• Ability to legally work in Canada
• No prior convictions under Canada’s Aeronautical Act
• Ability to pass a drug and alcohol test pre-employment and post incident and be in compliance with our drug and alcohol program
Why Wetaskiwin Air Services?
• Working on a fantastic team in a growing organization
• Opportunity to work on a diverse range of aircraft
• Competitive wage
• Life Insurance
• Extended Health & Dental Care
• On-Site Parking
How to Apply:
Wetaskiwin Air Services itself as an equal opportunity employer. If you are interested in this opportunity and possess the required qualifications, please send a copy of your cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate all interested applications; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.