Ornge is a modern, vital, evolving organization that is dedicated to providing the highest quality transport medicine services to the province of Ontario. From air transport to the critical care land transport program, we provide a range of services to patients and hospitals across the province. We are looking for individuals who are dedicated and energetic and who are looking for a career with a dynamic, patient-focused organization. Ornge is committed to creating and promoting diversity, accessibility and inclusion in the workplace.
Ornge Air is seeking Rotor Wing Captains.
POSITION AVAILABLE: ROTOR WING CAPTAIN
STATUS: PERMANENT; FULL-TIME
LOCATION: THUNDER BAY, SUDBURY, TORONTO
REPORTS TO: CHIEF PILOT
COMPENSATION: AS PER COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT
- Current salary range is $95,945.88 to $113,883.44
- Comprehensive group benefits package
- One of Ontario’s strongest Defined Contribution Pension Plan’s with Employer matching contribution of 126%
- Uniform provided
Rotor Wing Pilots are responsible for all aspects of aircraft operation, must be able to fly in varying conditions, handle pressure well and be flexible and adaptable. Ornge aircraft are province wide resources and aviation personnel may be required to provide flight support at bases other than the home base where demand arises. All Ornge pilots are required to complete the company’s training program and successfully pass a Transport Canada PPC. They are responsible for following all applicable policies and Standard Operating Procedures. The Second-in-Command (SIC) assists the Pilot-in-Command with the flight planning and Aircraft preparation as directed by the Pilot-in-Command. They are responsible to the Pilot-in-Command for carrying out specific duties in connection with the operation of the aircraft to which they are assigned.
- Valid Canadian ATPL (H);
- 2000 Rotary-wing hours Total Time;
- 500 hours PIC multi-engine;
- Two (2) years’ experience in Instrument Flight Operations;
- Valid Group 4 Instrument Rating;
- Valid Class 1 Medical;
- An AW-139 Type Rating, Pilot-in-Command AW-139, NVG, and EMS experience is desirable;
- Ability to successfully complete the Controlled Goods Security Assessment Application for Night Vision Goggle purposes;
- Valid Canadian Passport or ability to work in Canada and ability to travel to the USA;
- A criminal record search is a requirement for this position;
- Immunization records with required vaccinations is a requirement for this position.
- Pilots are required to work various shifts and overtime, including day and night shifts and weekends in a 24/7 environment, including days, afternoons and nights on weekdays, weekends, and statutory holidays;
- During the course of their shift duties, Pilots will be required to overnight away from their home base;
- Successful candidates must live or be willing to relocate within close proximity to the assigned base location, and reside or have a location that permits compliance with the CARs rest requirements between shifts and allows arrival at their assigned base within one and one half hour of callout when on an on-call shift; and
- Employees may be required to use respiratory protective equipment and they shall co-operate in attaining an effective fit of the equipment and in particular, be clean shaven to ensure an effective facial seal to provide for the health and safety of all employees.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply on-line at www.ornge.ca/careers. If you require a disability accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us and provide your contact information. A Human Resources representative with contact you within 48 hours. Ornge is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Human Rights Code.
We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.