Job Category: Safety Sensitive
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Calgary, AB
Direct Report: Manager, QA Maintenance
Posting Expires: When suitable candidate is selected.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity and possess the required qualifications, please visit www.flynca.com for information on how to apply.
We appreciate all interested applications; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At North Cariboo Air we work tirelessly to be the preferred charter airline in Western Canada. We have a number of bases located throughout Alberta & BC; Calgary, Edmonton, Kirby Lake, Vancouver, Prince George and Fort St. John. Our variety in aircraft fleet & bases allow us to have the flexibility to meet the unique needs of our clients. Our tagline is Going Beyond. But that philosophy is not just for customers. It’s also a big part of how we treat our employees. We pride ourselves on promoting diversity in the workplace as well as a healthy work/life balance; we work hard, but we play hard as well! Our diverse team includes Flight & Cabin Crew, Maintenance, Customer Service, Ground Ops & Support Staff, to name a few.
We are looking for an Auditor, Quality Assurance (QA) Maintenance for our Calgary Base; the Auditor, Maintenance QA reports directly to the Manager, Maintenance QA. This position works in a collaborative environment amongst an extensive team of maintenance specialists who also report to the Director, Maintenance.
Our Maintenance Teams may not be large, but we are mighty; our experienced AME’s bring a wealth of industry and technical knowledge, our Junior AME’s are determined and motivated with many working on obtaining their dual licence and aircraft endorsements and our Apprentices are eager, tenacious and dedicated, a characteristic we are proud to attribute to our in-house AME Apprenticeship program. We understand that our employees want to do their best; we can help them achieve this through proper training, support and providing them with the resources needed to do their jobs.
If you’re wondering whether this position, or even if North Cariboo is right for, the honest answer is that North Cariboo Air is what you make of it. The opportunities are here, just waiting for you to seize them! Visit our website for more information www.flynca.com.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Generate non-conformance reports from preformed audits;
• Assist in internal manual creation and review;
• Develop audit check lists;
• Review documents, including contracts and procedures;
• Audit maintenance suppliers, maintenance bases and aircraft;
• Review documents and inspect aircraft as the on-site customer representative, as required;
• Review internal documents for conflicting information and suggest changes as required;
• Actively supports the company Safety Management System by participating in the program and acting appropriately for their role as defined within the SMS Manual;
• Any other duties as requested by the Director of Maintenance and Q.A. Manager
• All other duties as assigned.
Base Specific Aircraft Types: KA200, BE1900D, DHC8-300, RJ100
• Valid Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) license M1 or M2 issued by Transport Canada;
• Minimum 10 years of experience as a licensed AME;
• Experience in Quality Assurance activities;
• Ability to speak and write in English fluently;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Excellent technical writing skills;
• Organized, autonomous and very motivated;
• Proficient computer skills;
• Experience with RAAS considered an asset.
Position Type: Full Time
Schedule: As per operational requirements
Why North Cariboo Air?
At North Cariboo Air we work tirelessly to be the preferred charter airline in Western Canada. Our tagline is Going Beyond. But that philosophy is not just for customers. It’s also a big part of how we treat our employees. We pride ourselves on promoting diversity in the workplace as well as a healthy work/life balance. Ample opportunity for growth and advancement go hand in hand. In fact, helping employees reach their goals is important to us. That’s why we have created special training programs for our employees to achieve their career goals.
At North Cariboo Air, we closely monitor wages across the different industries and perform regular reviews to ensure our salaries remain competitive to attract and retain the best of the best. Typical benefits include:
o Life Insurance
o Dependent Life Insurance
o Accidental Death and Dismemberment
o Short Term & Long Term Disability
o Extended Health & Dental Care
o Health & Wellness Benefits
o Match RRSP program available from first day of employment
If you’re wondering whether we’re the right company for you, the honest answer is that North Cariboo Air is what you make of it. The opportunities are here, just waiting for you to seize them.