Job Category: Safety Sensitive
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
• M1, M2 AME Crew Chiefs start at $39.67 - 47.38 per hour; additional consideration given for individuals with endorsements on current fleet, 10+ years of licenced experience, etc.
• Night Shift Premium provided
• Annual Tool Allowance provided
Direct Report: Director, Maintenance
Posting Expires: When suitable candidate is selected.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity and possess the required qualifications, please send copy of your cover letter and resume, please visit our website (www.flynca.com) for contact information.
Please List “YYC – Crew Chief” in the subject line.
We appreciate all interested applications; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Crew Chief is responsible for maintaining the integrity of North Cariboo Air’s aircraft and upholding our Safety Management System. This position must supervise the tasks carried out by Engineers and Apprentices.
Role and Responsibilities
• Carry out tasks as assigned by the Base engineer
• Responsibilities include assisting the Base engineer in maintenance planning and supervising of personnel
• Crew Chiefs responsibilities include carrying out the Base Engineer duties in his absence
• Responsible for preparing the task cards for all due items and to ensure that qualified personnel are assigned to the tasks
• Ensure time cards are complete and correct
• Supervise tasks carried out by Engineers and Apprentices
• Act as liaison between Stores and Maintenance
• Working supervisor, in addition to responsibilities listed above, the Crew Chief will complete the roles & responsibilities of a company AME
• Actively supports the company Safety Management System by participating in the program and acting appropriately for their role as defined within the SMS Manual
• Other duties as assigned
Education Requirements and Qualifications
• Transport Canada approved Aircraft Maintenance Technology Program
• Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience, with a M1 and M2 license; must have experience and type training on the below noted aircraft types
• Must be able to work with minimum supervision
• Must have strong mechanical aptitude & excellent troubleshooting skills
• Often on feet for extended periods of time.
• Occasional lifting of over 50lbs
• Must be able to obtain a Transport Canada Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC) & AVOP
• Experience with RAAS, an asset
• B200, B1900D, DHC8 300, Avro RJ100,
Position Type: Full Time, 40 hour work week
Schedule: Shift schedule, as per assigned base
Current YYC schedule – 4x3 weeknights
Why North Cariboo Air?
At North Cariboo Air we work tirelessly to be the preferred charter airline in Western Canada. Our tagline is Going Beyond. But that philosophy is not just for customers. It’s also a big part of how we treat our 125+ employees. We pride ourselves on promoting diversity in the workplace as well as a healthy work/life balance. Ample opportunity for growth and advancement go hand in hand. In fact, helping employees reach their goals is important to us. That’s why we have created special training programs for our employees to achieve their career goals.
At North Cariboo Air, we closely monitor wages across the different industries and perform regular reviews to ensure our salaries remain competitive to attract and retain the best of the best. Typical benefits include:
o Life Insurance
o Dependent Life Insurance
o Accidental Death and Dismemberment
o Short Term & Long Term Disability
o Extended Health & Dental Care
o Health & Wellness Benefits
If you’re wondering whether we’re the right company for you, the honest answer is that North Cariboo Air is what you make of it. The opportunities are here, just waiting for you to seize them.