Reporting to the Flight Attendant Manager or the Captain for the duration of the flight, the Flight Attendant is responsible for all passengers prior, during and after the flight. The Flight Attendant is also expected to effectively and professionally communicate with the Captain and passengers at all times. Additionally, the Flight Attendant will ensure that all passenger needs, with respect to safety, comfort, available provisions, are met in a timely and efficient manner.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Ensuring that the duties as laid out in the Flight Attendant Manual are performed and that operational requirements of every flight are fulfilled in accordance with the Flight Attendant Manual.
- Adhere to all industry Occupational Health and Safety legislation.
- Professionally interact with Flight Crew and passengers, at all times.
- Safe conduct of the flight, passenger comfort and in-flight service.
- Secondary School Diploma.
- Proven interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Candidates must be able to pass Transport Canada security screening for a RAIC (Red Pass).
- Candidates must be able to pass the training program, no absence from training is permitted, training may take place outside of Thunder Bay.
- Candidates must be prepared to work abnormal work hours, such as evenings and weekends when required.
- Must be able to reach the airport within 1 hour.
- Possession of a valid Canadian Passport is required.
- Previous experience as a DASH 8 Flight Attendant is preferred.
- Candidates with previous experience in aviation are preferred.
- Confined and noisy work environment.
- Physically demanding, standing for long periods.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Irregular hours and a schedule of one week on, one week off. Subject to change at any time.
- Interacts with all airport personnel and support staff, and the public at large.
- Travel is required.
- Travel for training may be required
Preference will be given to people who have previously been Flight Attendants on a DASH 8 Aircraft.
North Star Air is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. Only qualified applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in North Star Air!