Duty Officer Job Openings in Winnipeg
Vanguard Air Care, a division of Fast Air Ltd., we are seeking candidates for a Duty Officer (Dispatcher) for a variety of shifts, this position reports to the Operations Manager. This role is responsible for providing flight watch for all Vanguard and Fast Air Aircraft. This position is a key component in our overall operation of the department. The goal of this position is to coordinate medical flights and crews, while providing flight following and on time performance. Vanguard Air Care Inc., provides safe and timely transport of passengers, patients on our Medevac aircraft. As a Duty officer you will be utilizing all of the resources available to make decisions to dispatch flights with the ultimate goal of safety and satisfaction for clients while providing distinguished client experiences.
We offer full-time, with an irregular scheduled shift. In addition, to be considered for this position you must meet the following criteria:
- Maintain the airline management software, which includes documenting each departure and arrival for every flight as per company policy
- Must be fluent and able to write in English.
- Provide updated information to crew scheduling as flights are confirmed and booked
- Demonstrated ability to provide distinguished client experience.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to create alternative solutions
- Excellent time management.
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of department policies related to flight control/ risk, ensuring they are applied on a consistent basis ie) safety, security, standards, on time performance deadlines.
- Interpret available weather data to aid the decision making to dispatch flights
- Track all pilots, nurses and ACP flight and duty times
- Maintain daily flight dispatch including preparation of the operational flight plan and the flight watch function of the TYPE B operational control system
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning.
Education / Experience:
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- Ability to build effective working relationships quickly.
- Minimum grade 12 diploma with a desire to work in operational flight coordination
- Ability to obtain WAA (RAIC) pass within 90 days
- Canadian Radio License (aeronautical) required / ability to obtain
- Ability to maintain a respectful workplace and to express and communicate appreciation and feedback.
Fast Air Ltd. provides a challenging and rewarding work environment with a focus on providing distinguished client experience. We offer a competitive, comprehensive employee benefits program including health & dental benefits, a pension plan, on-site wellness area, and training opportunities to our skilled team of professionals. Our social culture is fun and engaging, and we welcome new ideas that improve life at Fast Air/ Vanguard Air Care.