Located near Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Springer Aerospace has over 45 years of experience in maintaining and operating aircraft, is one of Canada’s oldest aircraft maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) companies. Transport Canada certified, Springer Aerospace provides quality aircraft maintenance services to a wide range of customers, such as airlines, commercial operators, and private owners. From routine maintenance to complete overhauls, structural repairs, and major modifications, Springer Aerospace is uniquely positioned within the aerospace industry.
The Aircraft Maintenance Engineer performs aircraft maintenance / structures / avionics and inspection tasks and also ensures that the work carried out by other technicians is performed in accordance with the requirements set forth by the Company, Regulatory Authorities and the Customers General Maintenance Manuals.
The Aircraft Maintenance Engineer shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following job tasks:
- Perform aircraft maintenance / structures / avionics activities;
- Inspection of airframes, engines, operating equipment, components, parts, etc., in accordance with the work packages and task cards;
- Carry out scheduled inspection on aircraft as per applicable maintenance programs;
- Inspection (“buy back”) of airframes, engines, operating equipment, components, parts, etc., in all stages of repairs to ensure that the repairs / work performed is in accordance with standards and specifications designated on approved documentation, drawings, manuals, etc.;
- Perform Maintenance Releases in accordance with Companies MPM and Customers requirements;
- Document discrepancies and raise NRC’s in accordance with Company Policies & Procedures and Customer’s Manuals;
- Determine the proper corrective actions required to rectify discrepancies;
- Estimate the time required to complete NRC’s and coordinate with the Production and Trade Supervisors to ensure that the labor requirements for all trades have been accounted for;
- Identify part requirements and raise Purchase Requests;
- Work in close coordination with the Production and Trade Supervisors to ensure that the work is performed within the scheduled timeframe;
- Supervise and provide technical guidance to the technicians. Coaching & training;
- Ensure personnel are following instructions and performing tasks in accordance with Company’s policies & procedures;
- Route to quarantine unserviceable, time expired or rejected parts pending disposition;
- Inform the Quality Assurance Manager of any deficiencies with the MPM or any improvements that may be required;
- Ensure that all replacement parts are inspected and properly certified prior to installation;
- Perform Receiving Inspection Authorities functions;
- Ensure that all work is performed in accordance with Company quality standards, policies & procedures and Regulatory Authority requirements (TC, FAA, etc.);
- Ensure that Aircraft documentation is completed in accordance with the Companies Standards and operator’s requirements. Report employees that are not compliant to the Quality Assurance Manager;
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineering diploma (or equivalence);
- Possession of Aircraft Maintenance Engineering License (M1 / M2);
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience as AME;
- Must be able to obtain an Airport Restricted Area Pass issued by Transport Canada;
- Aircraft type training courses on narrow and wide body aircraft will be considered an asset;
- Can read and interpret manuals and drawings;
- Proficient in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP);
- Committed to Continuous Improvement;
- Excellent ability to multitask & handle changing priorities under pressure;
- A mature approach to work by taking ownership and responsibility if stressful situations should arise;
- Ability to coach employees;
- Initiative, interpersonal skills and positive attitude;
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills;
- A commitment to teamwork and working in a safety-oriented atmosphere;
- Available to work on a variety of shifts and overtime, if required.
***This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list the duties and responsibilities associated with the position, and management may at any time request duties and responsibilities that are outside the scope of the job to maintain productivity of the business.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested, we encourage you to apply by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.